Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 252 total)
  • Anyone just given up on finding love?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I gave up a couple of years ago when my last relationship imploded. I just can’t be bothered with it and can quite happily bumble along by myself. Now I can’t imagine having to compromise or change my life to accommodate another person. And to be honest I can’t imagine anyone putting up with me and my quirks either!

DezB
    Free Member

Muscle tone on a woman is a turn-off?? Blimey, some blokes are weird!

ononeorange

DezB +1!!

MrsToast
    Free Member

Muscle tone on a woman is a turn-off?? Blimey, some blokes are weird!

There was a bloke at work who said that Jennifer Ennis ‘looks like a man’ because of her muscle definition. 😐

tomhoward

Jennifer Ennis

who?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Jessica Shirley?

ononeorange

I don’t want to say anthing derogatory about the man at work MrsT – but that is downright weird! She’s lovely.

Houns

That bloke needs a kick in the baws!

Outdoorsy/active women are the best and have the best figures :FACT:

Re mental health, yes have had really bad problems with it in the past but ok now, certainly know the danger signs. The odd night shift I do isn’t bad especially as the people I work with are great. Just woken early as usual by the clacking magpies in the garden. If I didn’t love animals so much they’d have been killed months ago

Mister-P
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

who?

Bloke at Mrs Toast’s work. Doubt you’d know him.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What kind of crazy person keeps their bikes in the kitchen??

HI! 😀

allthegear
    Free Member

Dyed my hair full-on fluorescent pink yesterday. Had more attention in last 24 hours than I think I’ve had in a year!! 🙂

Rachel (who keeps her bikes in the living room)

ononeorange

This thread is useless without pics!

allthegear
    Free Member

Of Houns being lonely, of bikes in the living room or of pink hair???

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Pink hair! 😛

DezB
    Free Member

allthegear
    Free Member

Yeah – ^ that’s pretty much it!! LOL

tinsy
    Free Member

I think I have counted 3 (not read every post) apparently single females who have posted on this thread, assuming they are not actually TJ, why not see if they would like to go cycling with you.

You never know the common interest may be just the start.

CountZero

steelisreal – Member

Pathetic.
    I flipped on to this forum to help pass the time with thoughts of riding.

You’re wasting your time and more importantly mine.
    Grow a pair and get out there.
    Ah, the Mel Gibson School Of Tact and Diplomacy. 🙄

As an active girl, I have found in the past that being active is a negative for a lot of guys. They want a girl who looks like a Barbie doll – most active outdoor type girls don’t, and shock horror, we have muscle definition.

😯

My ideal girl, built for speed, not comfort… 😀

hammyuk
    Free Member

I grew up around gyms, am lucky that I carry very little body fat, most of my friends hate me (in a love ya really kinda way) because I don’t need to find another 20bhp out of my bikes to be able to keep up.
    I can clear the Columbia shop of the stuff that “normal people” can’t fit in to and get bargains elsewhere too 😛
    I detest bleached blonde, GHD’d, dyed,, falseness.
    Any girl who trains will turn my head long before a barbie doll will.
    As for finding love? after my 19yr relationship ending earlier this year – I’m enjoying myself.

allthegear
    Free Member

What happened? you sack her off for brushing her hair???

Rachel (wondering if it’s really “in a love ya really kinda way”)

DezB
    Free Member

*thinks about applying to hammyuk’s personal ad*

hammyuk
    Free Member

Lol @ Rachel.
    Got tired of looking at someone with stunning, thick , naturally wavy hair who dyed, tied, straightened it, etc because that’s how her “best friend forever” looked.
    Should’ve thought about that a bit more when she complained I never complimented her…. 😀

allthegear
    Free Member

I’m going to regret this, Im sure. Don’t be too cruel…

The pink hair thing (done for Norwich Pride tomorrow…)

Rachel (thinking I might actually have to start wearing make-up now)

flowerpower
    Free Member

WOW – but looking gorgeous as always Rach 🙂

project
    Free Member

Pink hair, you do look good with it, nice leopard print background as well.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Won’t lose you in the beer tent either 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

Being all girly and dainty-like….

allthegear
    Free Member

The last thing I am in a beer tent is dainty…

zippykona

Rachel’s next haircut?

hammyuk
    Free Member

allthegear – Member
    The last thing I am in a beer tent is dainty.

Well I was trying to be nice 😆

wolfenstein
    Free Member

FS! Careful what you wish for boy.. There is nothing better parking your bike after a hard days ride in an empty kitchen/ dining (with no dining table and sh*t like that) / or even in a living room if you live in a flat .. And just throwing your dirty bag, shoes and socks away in the floor without the care in the world.. …or even just waking up one weekend and the sun smiling down by your window telling you to ride up as it promise to shine on you all day instead of any domesticated sh*t that are norm these days… If you know how to cook, wash dishes and clothes on your own or you have somebody to do it for you.. What d f@ck you complaining about?

😀

willard

I’m pretty sure I held the world record for messing up a flat during my first marriage. I got back from playing paintball in the world cup in France, dumped my bag on the lounge floor and proceeded to unpack it in front of my ex-wife to get to the present I’d bought for her.

She was happy with the gift, but rather less so when she realised that I had put dirty, filthy kit and paintballs all over the lounge floor.

Did I mention we got divorced?

Anyway, I know what you mean about finding it hard to find “The One”, but sometimes it just creeps up on you. For now, don’t worry about it and just get on with enjoying life and cycling. Sod what everyone else is doing and enjoy it.

Rachel, _AWESOME_ hair!

transmute
    Free Member

That is awesome hair Rachel! 😀

As for the op, I wasn’t looking for anyone and didn’t fancy the Mrs at all when we first met, but we hit it off and just chatted each others ears off, I then started fancying her as a person as she was cool and funny and had a daft sense of humour. Then she changed her look over the months and flippin’ eck, lust central was upon me! 🙂
    I’m no looker so I thought she was well out of my league and no chance there, so just carried on being matey. Well one night she jumped me! (judgement was never a strong point of hers! ;D) And bingo, we’ve been together for 15years or so.
    We’ve both changed looks wise over those years, (I keep getting folks saying to me how beautiful she is and I know I’ve not aged for the better!) so not just because of her exterior vision, but also because she’s my best mate, I fancy her more now than ever and as much as we like going out and doing stuff together, I’m just as happy snuggling up on the sofa watching telly because that link with her is what the relationship is about. Which is cool because when we’re to old to be throwing ourselves at the scenery for fun we’ll still be having giggles on the sofa laughing at our daft in jokes. And I’ll still fancy her like rotten.
    Don’t give up on the idea, but don’t go desperately chasing some vision of ultimate beauty either, that will change/fade/suffer from changing fashions but the person you get on with will be the constant through all that.
    Also consider that you may not be top drawer material yourself and that others may also judge you by your own high standards! Would you go out with yourself? I’m not sure I would with me (obviously the sex would be fabulous ;D but by jingo I can be a nob sometimes! )
    Aim for being happy, flexible and out doing things that you enjoy. Opportunities will present themselves, and you won’t have to put up with arseholes/nutters etc. 😀

Houns

tinsy – Member
    I think I have counted 3 (not read every post) apparently single females who have posted on this thread, assuming they are not actually TJ, why not see if they would like to go cycling with you.

You never know the common interest may be just the start.

Who? Now I’m thinking of the female version of TJ *shudder* ( and no, that was not the good shudder)

ononeorange

Thanks Rachel! Excellent!

wwaswas

That’s cool Rachel 🙂

My wife has s very similar style but in red.

I won’t post pictures of her face ‘cos she’s shy but here she is with her recent tattoo;

she has to cover the tattoo at work as she’s a deputy head but the hair’s just who she is – it was like this when we got married 18 years ago.

scotroutes

After going through a separation, I reckoned I would stay away from long-term relationships for a while. I was 30 and thought it would be great just to be single. After only a few weeks, I met a girl through a friend, something clicked and we started dating. That was 25 years ago and we are still together.

I think it helps if you are (a) not looking and (b) not looking needy.

mightymule
    Free Member

OP,

Stop looking – and it will inevitably happen!

scotroutes

Oh – and stop drinking this shit.

You may think it makes you look cool, sophisticated and interesting but it really just marks you out as a pretentious dork.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Anyone just given up on finding love?’ is closed to new replies.