Viewing 12 posts - 241 through 252 (of 252 total)
  • Anyone just given up on finding love?
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

A colleague runs this Single Social for anyone in Sheff or surrounding area who fancies trying the single dating scene.

If I were ever to find myself single again and with two teenage boys I have no idea how I would find the time/energy/enthusiasm to even get ready to go on a date, let alone be anyone’s idea of even adequate company – I’m guessing being face down, snoring in the entrée is frowned upon.

hammyuk
    Free Member

rogerthecat – Member
    I’m guessing being face down, snoring in the entrée is frowned upon.

Depends if Rohypnol is involved……

Houns

Ooh rohypocinno!

Which one of you comedians has signed me up to Russian brides?! 😡

*browses*

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2q2bis6eLE[/video]

Houns

Tune!

Drac

She was a great Disco Deaver.

solarpowered
    Free Member

Don’t give up Houns… As someone/many have said, it’s down to how you feel about yourself! Respect yourself and others will naturally respect you. Love yourself and others will naturally love you.
    After being in relationship after relationship from about 18 to 28 I decided to give the whole lot up! I wanted to be on my own and just go have some fun. ( I wonder if this is where you’re at at the moment really) It forced me to find myself and actually accept they some bits of me I wasn’t aware of! (Acceptance/acknowledgement of ones own little failures or weaknesses is essential )
    It WILL happen but only once you are ok with ‘you!’
    Ps; I can highly recommend singles nights…. They are GREAT FUN!!!
    Pps; @ Drac- that’s a fabulous song! *runs off to find old tapes*

IanW
    Free Member

Find it, lose it, find it again, whoops there it goes again…that’s the way it rolls.

Nice.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I had almost given up hope, now I have given up completely.

There is a great sense of calm that comes from letting go.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

It’s taken 12 years. I have finally found someone who I actually want to marry, I don’t want kids, she has a 17 year old daughter who is great and very bright and I treat her like a mate and offer advice and support when she needs it. But I don’t discipline her as that’s her mum’s job.

My partner is best described as me with female body parts. We enjoy the same things in life, but have some differences in she likes mostly rock music which I like also but predominantly I listen to uplifting Trance, ambient and film scores and Orchestral music.

She supports Manchester City, me Bolton Wanderers, Hibernian and Rochdale. She has got the buzz for mountain biking but her main passion is horse riding. We both live the outdoors, also our animals (5 cats and two border collies)

Both Bolton born and bred, now living in Darwen but miss our home town. Both work in Healthcare, although she works in private sector and me in the NHS.

We do have our moments, she can get stroppy over nothing and I’m stubbourn when she apologises.

But it was worth the 12 months of flirting and waiting for my ex to get out of my life.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I had a date last night which ended with her telling me I am “cold and emotionally detatched”. Guess it didn’t go well and I will be remaining single then.

Wheelie-good
    Free Member

Definitely don’t give up, but do try to not worry about how and when it might happen again for you.

I was with a guy for 10 years, married for 3 of them, that ended, then was single for a bit, then an old friend came back into my life which turned into a bit more, that ended, single for a bit again, then a little while ago, I had to take my bike in to get fixed and I came out with a date! I have just been on my 1st holiday with the bike shop guy, it’s going well so far, but who knows what the future holds!

You shouldn’t over think things when you’re in a relationship and you shouldn’t over think them when you’re single, just have fun and see where life takes you 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 241 through 252 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Anyone just given up on finding love?’ is closed to new replies.