Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone else ridden in the Sierra Espuna?
  • Blurboy
    Free Member

Just spent a week at the Hotel Mariposa in the Espuna. Brilliant time but didn’t see any other UK riders there apart from some guys from Orange. Anyone else ridden there?

wl
    Free Member

Yep, it’s great. Just out of curiosity, who did you ride with guide-wise, and where’s the Mariposa?

hels
    Free Member

Lived out there for 6 months ! Awesome. I used to ride with some locals in El Berro, and some roadies from one of the towns on the flat.

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Stopped at camping El Berro for a few days during a 3 month trip in motorhome last year, only managed a couple of short rides, but would love to go back sometime and explore some more!

Blurboy
    Free Member

WL, Hotel Mariposa is in Gebas about 10k from El Berro on the main road that runs around the eastern edge of the Espuna. Guide was a Mick who works with the Mariposa but who lives in El Berro. Just posted some routes on Everytrail – google for ‘Gebas’ Wouldn’t recommend not using a guide around here though.

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

I think we saw you guys meeting Mick a couple of times at the car park opposite the campsite, i was on an Alpine 160 with green wheels.
    Great riding, angry vegetation.

joeegg
    Free Member

Cupid,its knee and SHIN pads next time for you then.Hope you had a good flight back and that the skiing season goes well.

Blurboy
    Free Member

Cupid – cool bike but defo go with the shins as well as knee pads. You must have been in the group of three we saw. Mick mentioned you were the 2 from Verbier and one of the guys from Orange who has a place locally. Small world.
    Never sure with places like that if it’s a good idea to publicise how good it is (or just keep it quiet so it doesn’t get too busy)
    We’re looking forward to next year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else ridden in the Sierra Espuna?’ is closed to new replies.