Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Anyone else love the taste of coffee in anything but the actual hot drink?
  • cheers_drive

I’ve never liked the taste of a hot coffee of any variety – far too bitter and make me very thirsty but I love cold food & drink with coffee in it; iced coffee drink, tiramisu, black / white Russians etc
    Anyone else?

failedengineer

Me, me! I just don’t get this coffee craze, can’t stand the stuff. But – I love coffee flavoured stuff.

Cougar

Coffee flavouring doesn’t taste much like coffee, IMHO.

DezB
    Free Member

Yes, coffee cake is lovely. Can’t drink coffee of any kind.
    Never tried an iced coffee though.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Coffee and walnut cake

I also put it in chilli con-carne or non-carne

scaredypants

I’m the opposite – I hate almost everything coffee-flavoured but I drink loads of the stuff

(same with alcohol, now I think about it)

the-muffin-man

Opposite for me – love coffee – hate coffee flavoured stuff.

Conversely I love strawberry flavoured stuff but hate strawberries!

nemesis
    Free Member

I love coffee. I’m pretty hit and miss on coffee flavoured things like coffee cake.

Go figure..

amedias
    Free Member

Yep, but every 6 months or so I tend to try drinking a cup of coffee, just to see if it’s changed but no, still bleugh!

rossatease
    Free Member

Me to, I’m a tea man, 90 percent of my fluid intake is Tea, Beer being the other I can’t stand the taste of water either.

But Coffee Ice cream ranks second only to liquorice as my sweet thing addictions, can’t get enough of either of them.

Then should we discuss coffee and walnut cake? hmm no better not.

toby1

This was me too, but I decided to get into coffee, have a stove top pot and buy nice grounds. I drink 1 maybe 2 whole cups a week now! I had to work at it though.

Also, leaves great left over espresso that can be used in cakes and stuff :))))))

plumber
    Free Member

Opposite for me – love coffee – hate coffee flavoured stuff.

I love strawberry flavoured stuff

Stolen from above 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

I’m like that with tomatoes – love ketchup, soup, puree, passata etc but eating a fruit makes me quite nauseous.

fasthaggis

I often think that some coffee smells a lot better than it tastes.
    I do like drinking it though .

Pigface
    Free Member

I love the smell of coffee but the taste 😯 gag puke and that is in anything just horrible.

andyfla
    Free Member

No, No, NO, NO, NO

Cold coffee products are just wrong so put down the cake, the iced coffee and the ice-cream and get back to the espresso machine and make a decent black coffee.

Coffee cold, in other stuff or with milk is just wrong !

When i set up my benevolent dictatorship it will all be banned

MrSmith
    Free Member

No. The opposite, I love fruit driven 3rd-wave antipodean/American/north European lightly roasted espresso coffee with all those stewed fruits flavours and none of the traditional over-roasted Italian robusta rubbish.
    I also like cold-brew rather than iced coffee.
    The only coffee confection I like is a decent affogato, anything coffee flavoured tastes horrible.

I’m the same with tomatoes, hate the raw ones, love cooked ones.

rocketman
    Free Member

As above coffee-flavoured products = wrong
    proppa black coffee = oarsum

cheers_drive

A cup of tea will help you calm down andyfla 😉

keefmac

I love coffee, drink about 2.5 litre’s a day (5 to 6 big mugs). like it white or black but no sugar. same with tea. i also drink a lot of water.

not really fussed on coffee flavoured stuff apart from tiramisu, that is gorgeous.

mogrim

Cold coffee products are just wrong so put down the cake, the iced coffee and the ice-cream and get back to the espresso machine and make a decent black coffee.

Rubbish, a decent cafe con hielo is just the thing after lunch on a hot summer’s day in Madrid.

andyfla
    Free Member

A cup of tea will help you calm down andyfla

I dont drink tea anymore, although I do miss it to dunk biscuits into

Rubbish, a decent cafe con hielo is just the thing after lunch on a hot summer’s day in Madrid.

Nope, espresso over ice is wrong, we don’t have a need for it in Derby

Northwind

I used to be like that, coffee icecream in particular… Never liked coffee til fairly recently, I bought a cup just to warm my hands on a really cold night, tasted it just out of curiosity, and was instantly an addict.

chewkw
    Free Member

I like them all only if they are made properly. :mrgreen:

If they are shite they are shite but I don’t get milk and chocolate though. 😯

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes.

Iced Coffee
    Ice Cream
    Chocolate
    Cake

There may be other products I’ve yet to try so suggestions welcome

mogrim

Nope, espresso over ice is wrong, we don’t have a need for it in Derby

Maybe if you lived somewhere dry and warm it would be different.

MrSmith
    Free Member

And somewhere in the 21st century

andyfla
    Free Member

Maybe if you lived somewhere dry and warm it would be different.

Maybe …. or not

And somewhere in the 21st century

Personally I prefer the classics, milk in coffee or ice makes it just taste wrong

tang
    Free Member

I like the smell more than the taste. I don’t like coffee aroma from my piss though.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I love the smell of freshly ground coffee, but can’t stand the taste of it. Like it in cakes etc.
    I can understand why people drink it, but tea……that’s just wrong.

RustySpanner

I like coffee Revels.

But I drink tea.
    Anything else is an affectation.

evilsovereign
    Free Member

i put a mug of black coffee, in chilli con carne. it works well with the dark chocolate and naga chillis

cheers_drive

It looks like today will be a perfect one for an frappaccino 🙂

chvck
    Free Member

I like coffee and I like food with coffee flavouring in too. I really, really cannot get on board with iced tea or coffee though – I keep trying to like it as I like the concept but I just can’t get on with it!

No. The opposite, I love fruit driven 3rd-wave antipodean/American/north European lightly roasted espresso coffee with all those stewed fruits flavours and none of the traditional over-roasted Italian robusta rubbish.

Any chance you could suggest something please? I like the sound of stewed fruits flavours.

andyfla
    Free Member

It looks like today will be a perfect one for an frappaccino

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH – 😀 – Break out that inner Zoolander

Cougar

I like coffee and I like food with coffee flavouring in too. I really, really cannot get on board with iced tea or coffee though – I keep trying to like it as I like the concept but I just can’t get on with it!

I’m the same. I think my brain just registers it as hot things gone cold and doesn’t find it overly appetising. I don’t get on with chocolate milkshakes either, because I can’t get past “it’s hot chocolate, stone cold”.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else love the taste of coffee in anything but the actual hot drink?’ is closed to new replies.