Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone done their own camper conversions?
  • nasher
    Free Member

Buona serra tutti

Just got myself a medium wheelbase low roof Ducato minibus, most of the time it will be shuttling but having got the camping bug last year I want to able to convert the bus quickly if going away for a few days and when i get back dismantle conversion and put it back to work..

Has anyone done anything like this … i.e a non permanaent camper van?

And any links to good info would be great, there is alot of info out there and difficult to get hold of the good info..especially when you dont have a clue about camper stoves, beds etc…

chewkw
    Free Member

You might want to ask to him …

Mercedes 609D

🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Do you have a garage?

I’ve been toying with the idea of a camper ‘pod’ which can be slid in and out of the back of a van. It would mean that all the water and gas would have to be internal, but it should be ok. Maybe, it could be collapsible.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nasher
    Free Member

I have agarage, pod sounds pretty good but alot of work.

I was thinkingof storage for bikes in the back and the usual unit with sink and hob etc.. and a folding bed/seat bolted to the fixing holes of the original seats…so easy to install and remove.

I may need to go and see some camper vans for ideas methinks..

love the wood stove in that merc tho

sturmey
    Free Member

If youve got the $$$$ Sortimo a German company do what you are talking about. Look on brickyard and T5 forum for ideas im currently doing a fixed conversion at the moment but seen quite a few different ideas over the months of searching for the right layout. Mock up a pod unit in ply first its cheap and easy to work with use it for a bit see how you get on then if you need to change anything its not so drastic then when you have got what you want use the ply as a template to make the finished article. On a side note after the camper project may come a teardrop trailer 😀

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I have agarage, pod sounds pretty good but alot of work.

I know, but at least if yer van dies, you can replace the van without losing your camper.

Could probably sell it separately too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done their own camper conversions?’ is closed to new replies.