Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any advice about selling things on eBay?
  • grey_or_black

Any top tips for selling stuff on eBay would be great…

In particular, someone at work was selling some tickets to a concert on eBay and got a winning bid. The winner decided to pay by e-cheque but the trouble is the payment is due to arrive either the day of the concert or a few days later.

Do you reckon she should post the tickets and hope for the best, given the winner doesn't have much of a history on eBay? She has the bod's address and mobile number.

Cheers

grey_or_black

carlosg
    Free Member

Personally I'd contact the buyer and state that in no way will the tickets be despatched till I was in receipt of cleared funds and that if they can't pay via a faster method then the tickets will be offered to the next highest bidder, Did your work mate specify in the payment details that an e-cheque would be accepted?

The problem with ebay nowadays is that the buyer is king so they might end up with a negative feedback and be unable to leave anything but a positive in return.

takisawa2

Give them a call, get them to do a bank transfer instead & cancel the echeque. Takes minutes to do & saves loads of hassle.
    Stupid bloody echeque's are a step back, not forward.

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

E-cheques are a w**k! I've sold hundreds of items on eBay and only accept PayPal or Nelson's if they are collecting, although you're not allowed to say 'Cash On Collection' any more.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any advice about selling things on eBay?’ is closed to new replies.