Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Android phone with fwd facing camera for Skype
  • higgo
    Free Member

I have a ZTE Blade running Android 2.3 and it does everything I need except that I’d like a forward facing camera. I’m travelling with work a lot at the moment and cannot install Skype on my work laptop so I’d like some video-calling on my phone.

So…. what’s the best value Android phone with fwd facing camera?

donsimon
    Free Member
    djglover
    Free Member

Samsung galaxy s does. just got mine free for little more than a tenner a month on vodaphone. its a great device also does sat nav pre installed better than my garmin..

Northwind

Desire S has one, though I’ve never used it for skype. Nice bit of kit.

higgo
    Free Member

DS…
    Helpful in that I didn’t know Android Skype was limited to a number of phones.
    Not helpful in that much of the article was made up of Youtube videos that I can’t watch on the same restricted work pc that won’t let me use Skype. Not your fault though.

donsimon
    Free Member

😆 😳
    Personally I’d be going for the Galaxy S2 (and will be).

Burts
    Free Member

Galaxy S has a front-facing camera, but Skype doesn’t support it yet! Only the rear-camera works. 🙄 Maybe sometime soon…

Edit: apparently that’s for Android 2.2 (Froyo). On v2.3 the front-facing camera might be supported, not sure.

djglover
    Free Member

Er it does I used it this evening

Kevevs
    Free Member

I don’t care because your concern is **** boring, but by manifesting my displeasure I have announced myself.

Burts
    Free Member

I’m on v2.2, local phone carrier hasn’t offered v2.3 upgrade yet, grrr.

djglover
    Free Member

Deffo supported on 2.3.3

psychle
    Free Member

Galaxy S II +1, I use mine to call home via Skype ask the time, works brilliantly, much better than I was expecting tbh. Great phone as well, more like a mini tablet than a phone, highly recommended!

higgo
    Free Member

Samsung galaxy s does. just got mine free for little more than a tenner a month on vodaphone.

Where did you get that?
    I’m on virgin PAYG (by direct debit) and paying ~£10/month anyway.

djglover
    Free Member

Quidco

djglover
    Free Member

Quidco

higgo
    Free Member

Bumnuts! that offer’s expired.

Houns

HTC Sensation

Mikkel
    Free Member

HTC Indredible S and its cheap from carphone warehouse if they got any left.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Android phone with fwd facing camera for Skype’ is closed to new replies.