Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 280 total)
  • Amazing danny!
  • mangoridebike

LOOK AT THE WHIP

Love it

Well done Danny

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Radness Unlimited!

packer
    Free Member

I read on another forum that someone who was there said the conditions for Troys run were actually not that different, and in fact conditions may have even been better later on as more water on the track would have made it less greasy.

LoCo
    Free Member

Textbook, and an amazing whip to finish 😀

psychle
    Free Member

😯 Brilliant stuff, a run truly deserving of the World Champion title, love the showboating (did he take a hand off to wave to people as he was coming down?? 😯 8) )

Of course, that’s exactly how I ride all the time (in my head 😳 😆 )…

Coyote
    Free Member

Wow!

ahwiles
    Free Member

…conditions may have even been better later on as more water on the track would have made it less greasy…

if it’s REALLY wet, your tyres stay clean (ish), and the mud is too watery to stick, so you and your bike are lighter.

if it dries out a bit, the mud starts sticking, to you, your bike, your goggles, and your tyres.

from my comfy vantage point, 1000 miles away, it looked like they all got the same (awful) conditions…

Mike_D
    Free Member

I think he was pulling a tear-off from his goggles. Mid-corner :-O

DezB
    Free Member

(did he take a hand off to wave to people as he was coming down??)

I think that was the tear-offs. (Shoulda got a Neo-guard 😉 )

Oops, too late 🙂

GregMay
    Free Member

Best bit is the shouts of stunned awe when the 9.6second lead comes on the screen.

That and the massive moto-whip obviously 🙂

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

would be good to see brosnan’s run.. was it televised anywhere?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

It definitely started to rain a lot more near the end, so the course probably was faster for Danny, though it would also impair visibility. He took some mental lines, balls out fast and his feet were hardly off the pedals.

bigjim

Crazy fast, good skills!

VanHalen

danny just looked so much more in control than anyone else. feet up flat out.

just like gwin has been at the wc races.

amazing to watch. especially back to back with the other racers as you realise just how much quicker he is going.

page and warners commentary just adds to it. comedy gold.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Great ride but had to turn the sound off after about 40 seconds.

kimbers

Great ride- what a hero

I turned the sound up after 40seconds!

bella
    Free Member

And with that young hart becomes a legend! Destroys the field at the worlds by 11.6 seconds. Still time for that massive whip. Real shouting at the telly stuff. Like the best of hill, gwin and c g on a flier. Hope freecaster is with us next year.

Diawl
    Free Member

At least it made the Welsh news

transporter13
    Free Member

that pisses all over sam hill’s run there a few years back.

one of the best runs i’ve ever seen….met him a few months back at woburn as he was doing a photo/video shoot for fox clothing, really chilled out kid 🙂

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

At least the press is taking some interest in some area’s. As said in another thread on the worlds, is rubbish that the BBC sports pages have nothing…But on the same note, there’s no official article on here! 🙄

I_Ache
    Free Member

DezB – Member

I think that was the tear-offs. (Shoulda got a Neo-guard )

Oops, too late

He did have a Neo-guard! That looked like terrible conditions to be riding in.

cookeaa

Eleven Seconds! That is Staggering…

I have to say this has been a Very good Season for DH the likes of Gwin and Hart have made it really exciting to watch….

This world Champ win is definately a memorable one…

Wozza
    Free Member

Amazing.

mstrb
    Free Member

Holy shit balls. What a ride

simonralli2
    Free Member

I can’t see how anyone would want to turn the sound off. Especially when he does that whip thingy on that jump towards the end! Awesomeness defined.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Great stuff but they need to get a couple of BBC commentators in and calm things down a notch or two.

z1ppy

I_Ache – Member

DezB – Member
    I think that was the tear-offs. (Shoulda got a Neo-guard )
    Oops, too late

He did have a Neo-guard!

As I keep saying Neoguards are useless without a crud catcher under the top tube (or tear-off I spose)and no substitute for a proper mudguard.

Quality video (muted), amazing ride, I can only wonder if I could even ride that in the dry…

marka.
    Free Member

YEEEEEESSSSSS!

Oh God Danny, stay on your bike!

He’s BLEUEHEEUE!!!!! 9 seconds up!

WWWWWOOOOOOOOAAAAAMY GOD!

11.6 SECONDS. WHAT THE HELL!

LOOK AT THE WHIP! WHAT THE HELL!

Awesome and totally hilarious.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Nah, the commentary is great! Really enthusiastic, reminds me of the guys on Eurosport who do the MotoGP. The race is never as exciting on the BBC.

legend
    Free Member

no substitute for a proper mudguard.

like what? Downtube guards keep mud off, but do nothing for your eyes when you’re at speed, neoguards keep stuff away from your eyes (within reason) but don’t keep the mud off you (which is hardly important in dh anyway). Never seen any better options for a dh bike

And he was using roll-offs instead of tear-offs

alex222
    Free Member

He wasn’t using a roll off. they are a smith optic product. Danny is an Oakley factory pilot.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Never seen any better options for a dh bike

these:

are ace.

They stop almost all of the filth your tyre throws forward-and-up at your face, but without all the flappy-faff of a neoguard. Crud-catchers stop almost all of the filth that your tyre throws up at your face.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

What product is that ahwiles?

ahwiles
    Free Member

it’s a “mucky-nutz bender fender”

mikey74
    Free Member

Only on STW could a thread about an amazing bit of riding, such as Danny’s run yesterday, turn into an argument about bloomin’ mudguards 🙄

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member
    Only on STW could a thread about an amazing bit of riding, such as Danny’s run yesterday, turn into an argument about bloomin’ mudguards

couldn’t agree more! sigh

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

If he’d have had a Crud Guard, his bottom might not have got dirty.

Singletrack: A forum for nerds, written by nerds.

Rickos
    Free Member

big_scot_nanny

Amazing riding, loved the commentary, loved everything about it.

Best line from Warner was when Gee crashed – “URGH! THAT’S UGLIER THAN A BAG OF SMASHED UP ARSEHOLES!” all said in a very angry shout.

Brilliant, totally heart felt.

Also agree that his course ride was brilliant viewing, and felt like he was saying everything that was in my head during recent alpine riding! (jesus-jesus-jesus-jesus etc)

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/champery-worlds-helmet-cam-rob-warner.html

Diawl
    Free Member

🙄 ^ 2 posts up. Warner tells it like it is but I can understand that he’s not everyone’s cup of tea. I met him once at Abercarn when he got his van stuck in the mud. He’s **** huge. Surprised the nerds haven’t worked out how much time DH could’ve saved if he hadn’t whipped it up 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 280 total)

The topic ‘Amazing danny!’ is closed to new replies.