Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)
  • Amanda Knox – guilty or not ?
  • cranberry
    Free Member

1. Is she guilty or innocent ?

2. Will she be found guilty or innocent ?

For me:

1. Really not sure
    2. innocent

swavis

Again,

1. Not sure

2. I think she’ll be found innocent

bikebouy
    Free Member

I thought she was already convicted?

So this is an appeal right?

In that case I think she’ll be found guilty again.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Don’t really care… but what was the basis of the appeal?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

dunno, think she’ll be set free though

wwaswas

If she was black and living in a lot of American states she’d have no chance of avoiding the electric chair.

Yer parents have a plane on standy to get her out of Italy if she gets released so that she can’t be rearrested if the state appeals.

The USA as a safe place for a convicted/suspected murderer to flee to – quite ironic, really.

cranberry
    Free Member

Bikebouy – according to my Italian source, under their laws as she has filed an appeal she is technically no longer guilty – the appeal is a re-examination of the facts of the case.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Is she Hot or Not?

Dobbo

If she was black and living in a lot of American states she’d have no chance of avoiding the electric chair.

Where’s the relevance to the subject? Or are you just waving your ‘I’m so PC flag’?

binners

Wasn’t the murder slightly irrelevent?

Hasn’t she just been tried and convicted of being female, better looking than most murder suspects and in possession of a libido?

And therefore a threat to the very fabric of society itself?

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

she did it,

Junkyard
    Free Member

probably innocent

grum
    Free Member

Probably guilty……

OF BEING A WITCH! BURN THE WITCH!!

Duggan

I think she’ll be found innocent though of course no idea if that is correct or not.

On the whole though I think the media circus that has surrounded this case has been appalling. The victim seems to have been largely forgotten about and the tabloids have acted like some kind of obsessed schoolboy when it comes to Knox simply because she is good-looking.

There also seems to have been a pretty vocal effort to slander the Italian court process and staff though again no idea how accurate this is.

wwaswas

‘I’m so PC flag’?

sorry, I thought the latter half of my comment clarified my position.

For the hard of reading;

That someone who has been convicted (and if released) subsequently cleared of a murder in Italy would choose to get to the US in aprivate plane as quickly as possible (a country where, even in cases where there is a confession from another person and convincing dna evidence of a persons innocence they still insist on executing them) for fear of re-arrest/retrial struck me as ironic.

Hence a) relevant to the subect (her guilt or otherwise) and b) drawing a comparison between the Italian and US judicial systems in respect to appeals against a previous guilt verdict.

Not sure why that’s getting ‘PC’, really.

Stu_N

This thread will be closed by lunchtime, I reckon.

RustySpanner

1. No idea.

2. She’ll be freed.

A film will be made of her ‘ordeal’.
    Meredith Kercher will be barely mentioned.

Never mind eh?

TPTcruiser

Guilty.

Won’t get off.

Victim’s family get to suffer more as next appeal gets lined up.

It would be nice if the Knox family members would express their regret that their daughter’s room mate died every so often.

allthepies
    Free Member

She is hot, but a bit loopy.

Surprised SilvioB hasn’t sidled in there yet….

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hmm but she doesn’t look evil…

… so can’t possibly be guilty 🙄

nickf
    Free Member

So they all deny taking part or being there at all.

But Meredith Kercher remains dead, and, unless anyone seriously believes that a convenient evil stranger just happened to be in the vicinity (possible, but really unlikely), than at least one of the three who were accused and convicted must have murdered her.

I’m going with GUILTY.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well a convenient evil stranger just happened to also be convicted of this crime and will be spending the next 25 years in prison.

Don’t know who really did it and don’t really care, just hope justice is done and the Kercher family get some peace.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Guilt by media. As Binners says, the real crime here (apart from the murder, obviously) is the sickening media circus that has arisen because an attractive girl has been convicted.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

what tyres for the Italian legal system?

allthepies
    Free Member

So they all deny taking part or being there at all.

There is another bloke already doing time for her murder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14978755

Garry_Lager

Don’t get how the Ivorian guy is already in prison for it, whilst Knox and the Italian are also in prison but there doesn’t seem to be a coherent picture involving the three of them. It’s almost like Meredith was murdered twice, and the two parties are in prison for the same crime, done differently. Just my impression from the news – not followed the events carefully or nowt.

nickf
    Free Member

Well a convenient evil stranger just happened to also be convicted of this crime

Hardly a stranger.

But leaving him to one side, the Knox/Sollecito alibis just don’t hold up. If they get off on appeal, it will be as much due to the ineptitude of the Italian police and prosceuton team as anything else.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Wasn’t he meant to be their dealer, and the crime some sort of alleged drug fuelled orgy (to pinch a phrase from the daily mail) gone wrong?

He claimed to be on the loo when it happened. Any idea why his sentence got halved from the original 30 years?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohh yeah I remember now.. All those comments about “Foxy Knoxy” Yeah I remember them, caught the media napping whilst a void of other news stories sidelined for this, Iraq/Afganistan yadda yadda..

I seem to remember the case having been transcribed in the media, in whole (or am I dreaming??) Can’t think why this case has been so “popular”. Poor Student gets killed by … (who really knows,insert your suspects here) whilst on an Uni exchange, sucha very sad event and no doubt in some way spurned on by the “it’s dangerous in Foregin lands” limited view’ists..

Still, I’m expecting it to be shut down before Lunch too.

hora
    Free Member

I was in the kitchen at the time
    Then..
    I was at my boyfriends flat at the time
    Then..
    My boss at the winebar where I worked did it

Whilst in for questioning at the station she decided to do cartwheels. Yeah, if she was normally-minded wouldn’t she be shell-shocked and ‘oh a housemate has just been murdered’/****/crying etc.

Now, if she was ugly with short hair would the media have even bothered with selective reporting on her?

Someone innocent is dead yet £1m has been spent trying to free one of the conspirators in the event.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Are we really sure she’s good looking?

Really???

Does that matter?????

hels
    Free Member

I thought the traditional wisdom was:

Blonde hair, sweet and nice therefore innocent.

Brown hair, nasty and evil therefore guilty.

Lets see if it still stands.

She really did miss a tactic not changing her hair color.

RustySpanner

None of us will ever know if she’s guilty or not.

Whining about the media coverage is a bit pathetic though – it’s just how human nature operates in the world of global media.

aracer
    Free Member

She really did miss a tactic not changing her hair color.

Except bottle blonde = far more evil than any natural hair colour.

hora
    Free Member

Whining about the media coverage is a bit pathetic though – it’s just how human nature operates in the world of global media.

I’d like to see some balance though. Not ‘good n evil’ reporting that you always seem to get on such cases.

rickmeister

Hot or not….

Will she go down if guilty… ?

RustySpanner

hora – Member

I’d like to see some balance though. Not ‘good n evil’ reporting that you always seem to get on such cases.

It’s remarkably easy to get a balanced view – read the broadsheets coverage – the Indy’s has been pretty good, as has the Grauniad, surprisingly. The BBC’s coverage has been pretty decent
    too.

What’s difficult is avoiding the other sensationalist crap, and working out how much your views are subliminally influenced by it.

rkk01
    Free Member

1. Don’t know, but the initial conviction “seems odd”
    2. Don’t know

I didn’t pay much attention to this at the time, but having read through a few articles related to the appeal, the initial conviction seems, how would we say over her???, “unsafe”.

Questionable if the murder victim’s DNA is on the murder weapon???

Knox’s DNA is on the knife, but why wouldn’t it be – it’s a shared house…

Convicted man (burgler / drug dealer), possibly plus an accomplice, known to be in the house at the time of the murder, already doing time. Has he appealed?

Biggest concern (and unknown) from my perspective – means of death. To murder someone in such a cold brutal manner… doesn’t mean a young girl couldn’t be capable of that, but comments on the BBC site read more along the lines of someone who’d been killed after disturbing intruders (although the text I refer to seems to have been removed – perhaps in deference to the family??)

kudos100
    Free Member
    hels
    Free Member

She could have gone ginger – there is not the same prejudice in Italy, might have helped her chances…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Amanda Knox – guilty or not ?’ is closed to new replies.