Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Alfine questions.
  • ton

i have got a 8 spd alfine on my new electric bike. it is a 24 spoke drilled version.
    if i bought a new 36 spoke drilled version, will it fit straight on, using the same washers/shifter/gubbins?.

also, any fly weights out there running a 36 spoke alfine wanna swap for a 24 spoke version?

CHB

New electric bike!! Wow interesting. Is it custom made conversion or off the shelf? There are some very powerful front wheel motors available and various voltage packs from 24v to 48v.

Sorry can’t help on the alfine.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ll have a look see what number hole mine is when I get back as I may swap.

I can’t see why the fitting kit would be different

ton

http://www.50cycles.com/product.htm?product=kalkhoff-pro-connect-disc#tech-specs

Conrad, this one mate. no idea what the voltage is tho.

thepodge
    Free Member

mine is a 32

ton

podge, how old is it mate?

thepodge
    Free Member

dunno, secondhand to me. to be honest, I don’t think the difference is worth the hassle of a swap

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

You sure its a 24H Ton?, the one in the picture is a 32H, never heard of a spoke count that low on an Alfine.

convert

Re the fitting – should be identical.

Re the bike – My dad has one of those! He has some serious back issues that has him walking with a stick (and now lung cancer) but the bike has meant that he is capable again of gentle rides on the flat stuff. Nicely made but I thought the sizing/geometry was a little strange. My wife borrowed it last time we were up there and it made riding with her a lot more fun for me!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Ah, never realised Shimano did a wheel option.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Alfine questions.’ is closed to new replies.