Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Alfine 11 availablity
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Is there a problem with Alfine 11 speed hubs as no one has them.

Of haven’t they hit the stores as yet?

snaps
    Free Member

Thread at the bottom of this page sounds like shops are unlikely to have stock this year!

epicyclo

Is there any more news on them breaking?

bananaworld
    Free Member

It is, to put it mildly, a bit of a frustrating situation.

I have:
    – Hub
    – Sprocket
    – Shifter

But, crucially, no:
    – Small parts/cassette joiny bit/washers/nuts/gubbins kit

The hub came direct from Madison, but the shifter had to be sourced from Wiggle.

<rant>
    I CANNOT **** UNDERSTAND WHY MADISON WOULD STOCK DIFFERENT NUMBERS OF HUBS AND SHIFTERS!!!11!!!

SOMEONE PLEASE explain!!!! 111!!!!!!!

and, it better NOT **** BREAK when i TRY TO USe it!”!!!111!!!!
    </rant>

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Without sounding smug, I have one with all the fitting bits which was built into a Stans rim by the lovely people at 18 Bikes, it came from Germany where there doesn’t seem to be a shortage. I must say that I’m treating it gently, running it in like you would a car or motorbike gearbox. The only issue has been routing the actuating arm up the seatstay on my slotted scandal but I’ve solved that by using a silver no turn washer on one side and filed a chain tug for the drive side. Early days yet but it seems to work fine, the acid test will be doing the Pennine Bridleway from Kirkby Stephen to home in Penistone next month, followed by the WRT. It does seem bizarre to send hubs minus fitting kits, I was told this about a month ago and assumed the situation would be resolved by now.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Loads on the continent, direct or via ebay….. at much better prices than UK, even of there was stock. I have a spare 11-spd OEM joint kit if it’ll help anyone (Bananaworld – I’m looking at you 😉

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Haven’t On One got some?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Alfine 11 availablity’ is closed to new replies.