Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Airbeds that won't break first time out…
  • sc-xc

Any recommendations for airbeds that don’t give you that sinking feeling on the second night away?

I am sick of buying them….

Shakey
    Free Member

sc-xc plus 10

We have bought at least 6 ranging from cheap to expensive and for some reason they always develop a number of small holes after the first use 😐

peterfile
    Free Member

I made a deal with Mrs Peterfile that provided she will make do with a Thermarest/Exped on wild camps, we can use a double airbed (with mats on top for insulation) when car camping.

We bought one from Argos a few months ago, with a little battery operated inflator from Gooutdoors. I must admit, it’s stood up to some fairly hefty abuse so far 😉

THIS ONE

bedwasboy
    Free Member

Alpkit Dozer, best airbed I have ever used (IMHO) 🙂

Mantastic
    Free Member

Second the dozer

kayak23

Third the Dozer. Just spent two nights on it inside my Blingo at the weekend. Top tip, don’t inflate it too hard. It wants some give.

peterfile
    Free Member

actually, what do you mean by “airbed” sc-xc?

One like I posted, or a self-inflating type?

If self-inflating type then I’d go for an Exped 9 every time. Expensive, but lightyears ahead of other “proper” camping mats.

sc-xc

Cheers all…

I meant traditional, family camping, blow up and get red faced air beds….but will check out the others as well.

Thanks

peterfile
    Free Member

if it’s for family camping (i.e. not just you!), your bank balance will take a plunge when you buy everyone a dozer/exped etc.

As I mentioned in my first post, the Argos one I bought is pretty good. Worth sticking a couple of closed cell mats underneath (about £3 each, helps protect and insulate) plus a thick blanket on top (for the same reasons).

Also, I reckon that most damage occurs during storage/moving etc, rather than through faulty construction. So a bit of care when storing it (I keep mine in a cardboard box rather than wrapping in a carrier bag etc) seems sensible

b1galus
    Free Member

i’ll second the exped one best investment i made in camping gear

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Airbeds that won't break first time out…’ is closed to new replies.