Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Afan later this week, any suggestions?
  • mutley

First time visitor there so any hints, tips, thoughts on best routes etc

Oh and tyre choice, naturally 😉

Carpediem
    Free Member

Short version of W2 is great.Start in Rhyslyn car park, climb to to the top of the wall, then use the high access road up to Whites.You can do the energy trail, then climb up to the top of Windy point,do that section, then back over the high access road to the top of the wall, and descend back to car park. takes about 3 hours at a nice pace.

gothandy

Sorry Carpe diem, I'd do W2 the other way around start in the Glyncorrwg carpark (much nicer post ride food etc.), avoids the dull there and back at the beginning of the wall, and you get to finish on the Whites downhill which is my favourite. You just need to make sure you turn sharp left after finishing the wall downhill section.

I guess the only downside is the whites climb is a bit full on as a starter, but you do at least get it done with fresh legs.

As for tyres I was on a small block 8 last weekend without any major issues, but probably wouldn't recommend that! But don't go too heavy tacky as there is a lot of linking fire road.

I'd say 3 hours is a fast time especially for someone's first go, I'd leave 4 to enjoy the black loop on Whites etc.

trailmonkey

Do W2, start at GC.

DO NOT start at Afan and have luch immedieately before Whytes climb.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Afan later this week, any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.