Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Afan… Any snow locals?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Just working out if its worth heading to Afan tomorrow? Any locals able to confirm the ice/snow trail conditions… Don’t want a wasted journey.

meddle
    Free Member

Was lots of snow from last weekend, topped up yesterday but then it started raining. Looking at the mountains from here (Cymmer – the village south of Glyncorrwg) it looks wet with bits of snow left at places. Not sure what it will be like up the top at Windy Point, probably will be icey but I’d bet on the trails being clear for the most part.

Wet, icey and little snow left.

hugor
    Free Member

Was there yesterday. The rain washed away the snow from the Wall but Whites had lots of snow.
    I left about 430 when everything started icing up and became a bit scary.
    Without a fresh dump I don’t think it would have been nice today.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Cheers guys, was thinking of going Monday night and riding Tuesday. Would you mind posting up here if there’s a sudden dump of white stuff to close the trails? It’s a fair trek for me.

meddle
    Free Member

Sure thing, we’re due mild weather this week though. It’s been pretty mild today and even more ice/snow has melted. I’m riding whites tomorrow morning I’ll let you know how things are.

sonofapitch
    Free Member

I’ve got next weekend booked so will keep an eye on this one.
    Cheers

hugor
    Free Member

I’d kill for another major dump next weekend too but looking at the forecast I can’t see it happening really.
    I was only just getting a feel for the traction issues by the end of my ride, and another day of it would have been magic.

meddle
    Free Member

Afan is fine guys, trails are clear, about 3% is icey slush mush. Good ride today 🙂

sonofapitch
    Free Member

How’s it looking guys?

davidjey
    Free Member

Well it’s been snow free here, but it’s raining in Cwmafan at the bottom of the valley right now. At some point further up the hill I would bet its falling as white stuff instead, and it’s forecast to keep falling on/off for the next 24 hours so a fair amount of snow on the higher sections again this weekend would be my prediction.

moonboy
    Free Member

Anyone been out today? Thinking about going tomorrow…

MrAgreeable

Tick…

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Just finished whites and there was hardly any snow.
    Apart from the lack of trees everywhere 🙁 it was great
    Now at Afan Lodge havin a beer 🙂

moonboy
    Free Member

ta 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Afan… Any snow locals?’ is closed to new replies.