Ok. The criteria:
- I don't care about brand names or the latest innovation in Marketing.
- It must have a low bottom bracket (circa close to 13" as possible).
- It must be available secondhand
- Must be short travel- circa 4"
- Ideally 17/18" seat tube with a c.23.5 top tube.
- Relaxed seat tube and head angles
- Able to take circa 140-150mm travel forks.
- Lightish so erring towards air rather than coil.
The shortlist? I like the Stumpjumper FSR but the sizes mean the medium is tight (I'm 6ft 2) and the large is 'just too gate-like.
The SC Nomad's BB is too high? (14") and its too expensive.
The SC Heckler is as rare as soddin Hens teeth?
The Blur LT (mk1) is too 'XC' in geometry? (thats an open question)
Intense- which one?
What else? I was browsing through all my old MBUK's etc last night and the Trek Fuels stood out but I know nothing about them- anyone?