• This topic has 16 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by br.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • AAAGH. airport delays
  • bruk

Flying out to Chambery from Manchester for a weeks skiing. Why do the BA*****S get you on the plane with your 18 month old then tell you you are delayed for 3 hours.

Going to be tears later for sure.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Yep, it’s a bummer.
    Assuming it’s due to an air traffic restriction, there’s always a chance that the delay may reduce – in which case, you need to find/board the passengers at short notice. If you can’t find them all, you miss your slot…..and re-apply for a new one, which will be a lot later than the first!

hofnar
    Free Member

Nah,

They do it so that you don’t take up valuable space in the terminal and so that other passengers can’t see it as well. Now your moans are contained to the plane in the terminal it would look a lot worse for them. Ba****ds did it to me when I had been on my way home for 30 hours once at least the chappy next to me had been on its way for 10 hours more such a joy intercontinental travel.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

TrekEX8 is correct.

hofnar
    Free Member

dharmstrong

In my case I knew the destination airport was closed(fog and all nearby airport shut down too) and and was declared closed for at least three more hours and as its a 50 min flight there was no use to go and sit and wait.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

How did you know that the airport was definitely closed for the next 3 hours – was the airport going to stay closed if the fog lifted?

jota180
    Free Member

Why do the BA*****S get you on the plane with your 18 month old then tell you you are delayed for 3 hours

Because when they close the doors/push back they’ve left as far as the stats are concerned

TrekEX8
    Free Member

So, what would you rather do?
    Sit in the airport until your slot improves? Which is what the airport/shopping mall operator would like you to do – for as long as possible. It might work, you might get everyone onboard in time, but if you don’t you’re going to be looking for bags to offload before you can go. And then we’re back to square one.

sharkbait
    Free Member

These first world problems are a bummer. My heart bleeds for you.

jota180
    Free Member

sharkbait – Member

Ha…………. just looked at some of the threads you’ve started

Houses, glass, stones

hofnar
    Free Member

TrekEX8

Cos the 3 hours was an official announcment of the destination airport/national air traffic control, cos they had really bad fog. We got told this by my company and his company when we called in we might be a bit late they said oh its been dead a while and gonna be for a while more.

And yes I would rather be in a terminal after almost 10 hours in a car and 10 hours in a plane seat a stroll along the terminal is nice. I dread airports normally as i see way too many of them too regularly but when beiing in a small spot for so long those horrible terminals and a long out stretch on their uncomfty benches becomes lovely all of the sudden.

Such a blessing only flew twice in the last half year abit down on my regular once a weak quota including some less fluent airports.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Once sat on the tarmac for 4 hours, then we had to go back to the terminal because the pilots were over their hours. Nearly mutiny because at first they weren’t going to let any passengers disembark at the same time.

jon1973
    Free Member

sharkbait – Member

Stove users… does log length matter?

😆

carlosg
    Free Member

Last delay we had , get to the airport (me+wife and my 2 half brothers 11+12)check in and then get told there’s a 10 hour delay.Ok fine says me we only live 10 mins down the road we’ll come back in 8 hours , clerk replies sorry sir you’ve checked in now you can’t leave the terminal !!

10 hours with bored young ‘uns was no fun , why they couldn’t announce it while we were in the huge check in queue is beyond me.

jam-bo

sorry sir you’ve checked in now you can’t leave the terminal !!

I usually check in before I leave the house…

jon1973
    Free Member

sorry sir you’ve checked in now you can’t leave the terminal !!

How would they know if you leave the terminal? I think I would have just gone home and come back later anyway.

br
    Free Member

Ok fine says me we only live 10 mins down the road we’ll come back in 8 hours , clerk replies sorry sir you’ve checked in now you can’t leave the terminal !!

And they’d have been able to check??? 🙄

Baa-aa

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘AAAGH. airport delays’ is closed to new replies.