Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 5/10 karvers anyone?
  • ton

been looking at 5/10 karvers and they look like they might offer a little more protection for the winter than standard 5/10’s.

anyone use them?

benji_allen
    Free Member

I got a pair in a sale about a year ago. The lace covers keep crap out (of the laces) well, but they don’t look like they’ll last much longer as the stitching is coming apart. Bit of glue should sort it. The shoe itself is fine though. Just look a bit special.

DeeW
    Free Member

Very happy with mine. Fair bit more water/splash protection than standard impacts. Still soak through when its really wet.

RustySpanner

Do they still have a cardboard midsole?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Bit of a hijack, sorry, but what’s the fit and stiffness like compared to Shimano? Recently bought a pair of MP90s but they’re on ebay now after just one commute ride 🙄 – they feel far too stiff for me and although fine there’s no way they’ll fit with winter socks. I love my All-Stars, cracking feel but they’re hardly practical in the rain let alone cold and mud 😉

ton

older ladies should wear scholl’s………. 😉

Northwind

They’re the best 5 10s IMO. Still not as well made or as good weather-wise as an AM40 but a step in the right direction.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ha ha Ton . . . funnily enough Crocs grip pretty well too 😉 Hmmm, Crocs and Sealskins, I can see it now 😆

ton

i wear croc’s with white socks…………. 8)

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve had my Karvers for nearly two years and they have been faultless. No signs of falling apart, never had cold feet (although during the winter I do wear them with Seal Skinz socks) and the lace flap does make them more weatherproof than the standard Impacts I owned before.

DeeW
    Free Member

Still the cardboard under insole bit. That’s where my last Impacts failed. Now whenever they get wet I remove the insole to allow it to dry fully. We’ll see if that makes a difference.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘5/10 karvers anyone?’ is closed to new replies.