Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 421 total)
  • "5000" lumen light….
  • Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered some for a first venture into some night riding this winter.

I had some of the original DX single lights I used to use when commuting for my old job, which i’ve dug out, but batteries look like they have long since died as they won’t charge, or work the lights.

I plan to get some decent spare batteries, and use the old DX light on my head, is there a source for pre done packs I can just plug into the lights, rather than faffing around soldering stuff? I found MTBbatteries, but i’m loathed to spend twice as much on a battery pack as I have on the whole thing (me being tight no doubt).

Or should I get the soldering kit out? Is there a how to guide kicking around out there?

wiggles
    Free Member

C and be seen have 4×18650 packs for less than £20.
    There stuff seems to be the best of the Chinese stuff from a UK seller so considering them for a slightly Higher price than eBay stuff for my first ‘proper’ lights

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Can someone show a pic of how small it is please?

I’ll do that later, but for comparison, they are about the size of a Hope M4 caliper

molgrips
    Free Member

Wow, that’s small..

ajantom

Found on MTBR 😉

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

I ordered some, too, last week. I’m used to riding with cheap Chinese lumens.

As long as they’re slightly more powerful and burn for slightly longer than my current cheap Chinese lumens (400 of the bad boys), I don’t really care. 🙂

z1ppy

grumble gumble grumble.. I go to the trouble of taking photo’s and what happens… grumble …

Solarstorm X2 by z1ppy2, on Flickr

PS: Tidy desks are for losers!

lcj

PS: Tidy desks are for losers!

You can see the desk. That makes it tidy in this office!

MarkLG
    Free Member

z1ppy – where did you get the bracket for your XM-L from? Could do with getting a couple for mine.

z1ppy

Mark, CRC, it was made/supplied by electron.
    Unfortunately they sold out a long time ago, electron stopped making/supplying them & I’ve never found another source.

molgrips
    Free Member

A calculator ruler!

z1ppy

I know, the g/f was throwing it out, so I had to have it (note the dust, it doesn’t get used much). I’m a ****en hoarder!

For reference, there also a cat pheromone diffuser, a picture of me from 20 years ago, a disassembled chinese light, a box full of photo’s, a nail file & clear polish all in that photo….oh and the padded shirt I use as my kitten’s (day) bed

milkyman
    Free Member

could you use these lights on your lid, if so how do you mount them, I was going to buy an exposure joystick tomo as a back up light but these do seem to be very good

MarkLG
    Free Member

could you use these lights on your lid, if so how do you mount them, I was going to buy an exposure joystick tomo as a back up light but these do seem to be very good

Mine came with a elastic headstrap – I just cut off the elastic and zip ties the mount to my lid. It looks like it grew there…

milkyman
    Free Member

Thanks Mark
    Where did you buy yours, and where do you put the battery, is it heavy
    Cheers craig

cruzcampo
    Free Member

For those worrying about replacing the batteries before they even arrive, some with batteries which cost more than the solarstorm, don’t. I get around 2.5-4 hours out of each charge depending what beam power I run.

I’ve taken to discharging them in the fridge from time to time, to fully drain the battery after a long ride 😆

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just ordered mine cruz. Apparently they’re on holiday tho…

MarkLG
    Free Member

Milkyman: eBay sellers name is 360digital2011. Uk based and quick turnaround.

The single XML lights come with the headstrap. £18 each with all the bits. I just drop the battery into my camelback – the lead is plenty long enough.
    My twin spot should be with me tomorrow from the same seller. From the pictures it looks like you don’t get the headstrap with this one.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

My XML is now retired haha you’ll see what I mean when you compare them.

@ Wrightyson, I had another one dispatched on Friday, i’ll keep the thread updated with shipping time scales.

molgrips
    Free Member

This head strap – for helmet use or bare head?

lightman
    Free Member

I’ve taken to discharging them in the fridge from time to time, to fully drain the battery after a long ride

You dont need to do that with Li-ion, they have no memory affect and you’ll probably do more harm than good.
    Also, if you’re going to store them for a long time, you do need to store them with 40% charge and somewhere cold like the fridge if you want them to last. Li-ion dont like heat and will loose capacity if you store them somewhere warm, like a living room.

MarkLG
    Free Member

This head strap – for helmet use or bare head?

It’s for head use, you can just use the light holder fixed to your lid.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Id say no . Since moving to solar storms on helmet and bars the xml t6 just doesnt get a look in anymore. It’s last year’s must have light.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I ordered mine last week, was emailed to say it would be here on Saturday. 🙁

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

afternoon all

what are the experiences so far of the bundled battery & charger? enough to get by with?

on lightmalls.com seems to be about £6 difference between the bundle, and the light by itself, so obviously thinking if its worth getting a balancing charger & new pack, or just to stick with the bundle for a while

_daveR
    Free Member

Cruzcampo, got a link?

andymc06
    Free Member

MrMF

I thought for the sake of six quid it was worth a punt on the battery and charger. Haven’t received it yet mind! 🙂

40mpg

I’ve had 1.5 hours on full whack and nearly 3 hours (when I switched it off, but was on one blob remaining power) on medium.

Medium is more than enough light imo.

Battery pack and charger that came with it.

muddy247
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the twin XML U2 will fit on the headband strap used for the T6?
    Mine arrived today and seems very bright- waiting for rain to stop/darkness to test properly!

z1ppy

yes, should fit fine, though I’d still prefer an option that didn’t sit the light so high on your helmet.

muddy247
    Free Member

I have seen some that would look at home on a land rover hunting animals int woods!

Mintman
    Free Member

I think that’s the seller I used – came with 3pin UK plug and rear light. A happy buyer here although I don’t know how he fitted it all in the box as I sure as hell can’t replicate it!

clubber
    Free Member

How about the “6000LM” one for just under £40 from the same seller?

momo

I used mine for the first time last night, mounted to helmet with my old magicshine P7 on the bars, have ordered another one (from the link above, thanks!) to replace the P7 just now. Very impressed with the light on offer for such little money.

antimony
    Free Member

For when twin lights aren’t enough

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Mine arrived this morning, charged it up and as the previous five pages confirm, its awesome. Orders another immediately.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it was not as bright as my Troutie lumenator and did not have the spread either – that 2400 real lumens BTW.

Good value though for the price.

Just think what we were paying for less 3- 5 years ago 😯

mcmoonter
    Free Member

It would appear the laws of supply and demand are in force. They’ve gone up by £5, still worth it I suppose 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 421 total)

The topic ‘"5000" lumen light….’ is closed to new replies.