Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 456 summer season
  • RestlessNative
    Free Member

Considering building one of these up as a slack thrash bike with some 130mm recons I have.

Can you show me your builds?

And how do they ride compared to a normal Inbred (I have an 853 Inbred that used to have these forks but is now rigid).

Annoyingly the 16″ seems to be 50 quid more than the 14 or 18 at On One 🙁

BoardinBob

Here’s mine

120mm Rebas
    Superstar wheels
    Husselfelt crankset
    XT front mech
    SLX reat mech
    Deore cassette
    Avid Juicy 3SL
    KS i7r dropper post
    Charge Spoon
    Easton Havoc bars 710mm
    FSA stem 70mm
    2.35 Swampthings

fd3chris
    Free Member

I have owned much more expensive hardtails but this one rides great just not as springy as i like but for the money its excellent.

this is how it first looked after buying the frame off here, still rode great though !!

doubledunter
    Free Member

Found it hard to get used to it at first after riding a bouncy bike for two years but yesterday was the first time I “really” enjoyed myself on it at GT..pic is from the day it arrived, came with wrong bars on it, now with a shorter stem and 710mm riser bars

newbike by Doubledunter, on Flickr

RestlessNative
    Free Member

that mint sauce green looks lovely built up!

I’d be going for a budget build as all the nicer bits are on my other inbred

Looks right slack

accu
    Free Member

one of the very first ones,
    preorder in RAW, no ISCG..
    still lots of fun..

[/url]

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve got a 16″ raw frame waiting to be sold if you’re interested, at the moment it’s waiting on a friend to make his mind up, if not it’ll go on classifieds. Mine’s in good condition bar a bit of chain slap and some cable rub.

doubledunter
    Free Member

that mint sauce green looks lovely built up!

I’d be going for a budget build as all the nicer bits are on my other inbred

Looks right slack

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it, wasnt my first choice, really wanted and orange one like boardinbobs, but we sometimes ride together and someone else in our pack also has an orange one so mint sauce green was next choice plus think its the only one they had left in a 14inch frame :-)..really loving this bike at the minute.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

B.A.Nana can you drop me a mail smcfarlane at gmail dot com

cheers

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ll send you details and some pics later today.

brant
    Free Member

Summer season now discontinued. Normal 456 too.
    Both replaced by 456Evo from late Feb.
    Evo is new geometry. Lower bb, steeper seat angle, head angle not quite as slack as SS but close.

tony07
    Free Member

great do it all hardtail! i do everything from dh to xc on mine. Came from a cove g spot before, far better handling bike!

mushrooms
    Free Member

I also have a 16″ raw summer season up for sale soon. 🙂

Hadge
    Free Member

Here’s my old Summer Season as I’m building another up right at this moment. Really are a very nice frame for the money and build into a bike that just cuts the mustard too. Can’t wait finish the “winter bike” lol

mushrooms
    Free Member

I ended up with that frame Hadge 😀

Hadge
    Free Member

How’s it doing? I sold it get my Spesh S Works Enduro, flogged that for an old Turner 5 Spot and now I’ve got anew DW Link 5 Spot but I’ve bought a dirt cheap SS frame and kitted it out with some nice bits and it’ll be ready by the end of the week – won’t it BETD boys!!!!!!! I’ll pop a picture up as soon as it’s done. They are stonking bikes though and hope your enjoying it.

Euro
    Free Member

Had this for a few months now and it’s petty much how it came from On One. Changed the bars and stem, stuck some pedals on it, removed a few chainrings and fitted a guide.

The OE Michelin tyres are not suited to where I ride at all (I would say they’re sh1t, but they roll really well and would be a great trail centre type tyre). When funds allow they’ll be going and I could do with a 34t chainring to replace the 32 on it.

Really nice bike to ride and throw about despite being a 20″ frame.

A wee vid of my first ride on it.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Ds7Uxey90&hd=1[/video]

mushrooms
    Free Member

It’s great but I wish they made a 17″, it’s only just too small.

Kryton57

I like the Tomac style foot out style in that vid.

I’m obviously not riding hard enough /too scared of falling off 😳

Hadge
    Free Member

I’m a short-arse so the 16″ fits me fine :mrgreen:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘456 summer season’ is closed to new replies.