Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 146 total)
  • 26" is dead…
  • the_lecht_rocks

29″ is a revelation….. Discuss…….

andy7t2
    Free Member

arse 😆

jedi

never

tazzymtb

it’s all bikes and bikes are cool, ride whatever makes you smile and appreciate that others may not see things the same way as you do, that’s also groovey.

Markie
    Free Member

Stuff and nonsense.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Depends where you ride really, both have a place. Obviously off road then 26″, on road 29″ or 700c is better.

Kevevs
    Free Member

ton

done the last 8yrs on 29” wheels. bored with it now to be honest.
    gone back to basics, cheap 26” steel is where it is at……. 8)

swavis

I ride both, it’s all good 😀

tazzymtb

I ride both, it’s all good

ewwww you’re bikesexual 😯

the_lecht_rocks

Lol… You’re all in denial otherwise…

chakaping
    Free Member

If i’d just spunked my wad on a blingy new 29er i may well think the same.

Discuss.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I rather like my 29’er HT and wouldn’t mind trying a 29’er trail type FS to be honest, but I do really like my 26’er FS

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I was just looking at cx tyres for my Pompino..

28″ is where it’s at.

tazzymtb

If i’d just spunked my wad on a blingy new 29er any new bike I’d think the same

😉

swavis

ewwww you’re bikesexual

And?

the_lecht_rocks

Lol, It’s true and definitive, of course !!!!!

tazzymtb

And?

that’s just plain wrong, next you’ll be on a 69er which is the equivalent of a sheep in stockings and suspenders of wrongyness

kimbers

650b is where its at

i read it on pinkbike

Will 650b Bikes Re-emerge in 2012? “Signs point to yes”

When 650b marched into the spotlight, 29ers were facing resistance from mainstream bike-makers and a mid-sized wheel format seemed to be a reasonable compromise that offered the benefits of the 29er’s larger wheels while retaining the familiar handling qualities and component spec of a comparable 26er. The Momma-Bear wheel solution captured the imagination of riders, the press, and a number of tire and wheel makers, but the cycling industry was already having a tough time translating the benefits of 29ers. Explaining the benefits of 650b was more difficult because the mid-sized format appeared similar to its smaller 26-inch brother. With its clearly different profile and widespread support, the winds of change filled the sails of the 29er and 650b disappeared from the lineups of all but a few of bike brands. The re-emergence of 650b is already gathering speed, however, and insiders report that suspension makers are gearing up to produce 650b forks on the order of the biggest names in the bike biz. This indicates that 650b bikes are slated for future production.

Why? It’s no secret that Specialized and Trek are locked in a heated battle to own the 29er business worldwide. Both brands have sharp design teams who are struggling to adapt the 29er to the longer travel AM/trail market which is the fastest-growing segment. After 120 millimeters of rear-wheel travel, squeezing additional suspension from a 29er becomes a bit of designer’s nightmare as standard components crowd each other for space. On top of that, reinforcing the frame to counter the additional forces generated by big wheels and more aggressive riders heaps on weight – an issue that 29ers already suffer from. Those who have continued to develop 650b know that the harder those designers try to cram 29er wheels into a 160 to 180 millimeter chassis, the better 650b will begin to look. Plus, riders who are feeling pressured to jump over to big wheels might choose a mid-sized format if it makes sense, simply because it isn’t a 29er. The reasons for 650b may still be the same, but the circumstances are far more compelling. – RC

the_lecht_rocks

Pics to follow too 😉

tazzymtb

Pics to follow too

jeebus, don’t do that 29er’s look awful, they make my eyeballs vomit

swavis

that’s just plain wrong, next you’ll be on a 69er which is the equivalent of a sheep in stockings and suspenders of wrongyness

it takes all sorts 😉

although I agree a 69er is wrong

Whyte1
    Free Member

maybe down south but at Llandegla today i never seen a single one and it’s been the same every where we ride , even at the Dyfi enduro and the C-y-B enduro were they are said to be an advantage i only noticed a few . i just see them as a industry led thing to generate sales which in the UK isn’t working , plus if they are so good why has it taken almost 20 years to catch on

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

29″ is a revelation….. Discuss…….

Yeah until you get bored of your new ride and revert back to small wheels. 🙄

the_lecht_rocks

It’s coming, and you’re all To be enlightened….

tazzymtb

but at Llandegla i never seen a single one

we’re obviously there too early and too fast for you then ‘cos there’s loads of them when we go en masse 😀

andrewh
    Free Member

I’m a weightweenie and therefore will remain with 26″ for the foreseeable future.
    However, I was plesently surprised by the two 69ers I’ve had a go on, not the wierd mish-mash of handling I was expecting. Still prefer the lighter wheels for climbing.

Whyte1
    Free Member

is that so your not seen riding them 😉

the_lecht_rocks

Seriously, I was a dis-believer….. Until the extended demo….. Go do it if you’re curious… They are incredible….

ton

TLR, no they are not………..they are just another bike.

singlespeedstu

even at the Dyfi enduro and the C-y-B enduro were they are said to be an advantage i only noticed a few .

Sounds like you were near the back of the field. 😉

There were plenty of them at the sharp end. 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

Ton. You’re miles away mukka..

jedi

i have only coached maybe 5-6 riders on 29er’s in 2yrs

toys19
    Free Member

I can’t see how 29″ will take over when a decent proportion of the population has an inside leg less than 29″ (like me, 26″ ish). 29ers feel like gates to me.

tazzymtb

i have only coached maybe 5-6 riders on 29er’s in 2yrs

that’s ‘cos they’re already riding gods, they don’t need puny ikkle wheel skills 😉

ton

TLR, tell me that when you have owned 13 of em…………. 😉

tazzymtb

yeh but ton, you had each one for about 48hrs 😆

ton

bastid………. 😆

Bazz

Horses for courses, 1 of each is best imo.

rOcKeTdOg

one of each is what you want

Fully Rigid Woodpile by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘26" is dead…’ is closed to new replies.