Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 20mm Thru Axle service query.
  • crocodilian
    Free Member

Hello!

Please help, I have a Bontrager Rhythm Comp front wheel/hub with a 20mm thru axle. I would like to get into the hub to regrease or replace the bearings, however I can't see any obvious way in for an allen key or any other tool. There are 2 metal covers on either side and I just can't see how to remove them!

Please advise….

grumm
    Free Member

Not sure about the Bontrager wheels but on my Hope 20mm hub there is a circlip holding in the 20mm adapters. Prise that out with a small screwdriver and you can get in at the bearings.

coatesy
    Free Member

I seem to recall them being a press fit so in theory they just pull out, the reality is that they need drifting out from inside as they're pretty tight(if I remember correctly, that is).

awh
    Free Member

Were you successful? I need to get to my bearings now and the online manuals I've found don't cover the 20mm hub 🙁

awh
    Free Member

In case anyone else searches and finds this thread… Solved with a vice, block of wood and hammer. The spacers are press fit so can be pulled out when the wheel is placed in the vice. Remove the rotor FIRST because it slightly covers the spacer edge! The bearings can then be knocked out with the hammer. Just need to find somewhere that sells replacements…

coatesy
    Free Member

Try looking for BSL Brammer, you may have a depot nearby.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘20mm Thru Axle service query.’ is closed to new replies.