Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 2012 Kona bikes and prices.
  • RustySpanner

Now up on the UK website.

Some really nice bikes, but the prices are a bit salty.

Anything catch your eye?

Apologies if this has already been done.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Liking the Honzo, but not at £1600.

RustySpanner

Nice isn’t it?
    Bit Ragleyesque?

Sutra now listed at £1200, I don’t need one, but by God I want one.

sambob
    Free Member

Want.

Sancho
    Free Member

im not interested in Kona
    We used to be a dealer for about six years, but they pulled the distribution from Paligap who have worked hard to keep the profle in the UK despite them making some crap over the past few years,
    but I can put up with them removing the UK distributor and putting up prices.
    Considering Paligap will have been making about 30% (I Guess) the prices should now be at least 25% cheaper than 2011.

just a rip off and now only intersted in big stores. (Might as well let Halfords sell them again)
    So just a bunch of money grabbing rip off merchants living off a name from 20 years ago.

chakaping
    Free Member

The 2012 Operator looks amazing, but RRP has gone up almost £500 to £2550.

Does make them look a bit opportunistic.

soma_rich
    Free Member

How long has the Minute been around for? £650 seems pretty good value..

I am liking the Splice But how the hell is the Honzo £1000 more? Its clump DB steel so will weigh a ton too 🙁

LordOnOne
    Free Member

The new range looks good and seems well priced. Most importantly Paligap won’t be able to pick and choose which models they bring in so availability should be a lot better.

kimbers

i think kona had the operator entourage at 2100 to get people back on teh brand

the operator at 2550 is still a major bargain for the spec and still cheaper than most other dh bikes by a long way

im liking the new entourage

AlexSimon

I was hoping that MinUte was 26″ wheels to lower the load height, but it’s just shorter, not lower. Ah well. Stick with my xtracycle.

chakaping
    Free Member

i think kona had the operator entourage at 2100 to get people back on teh brand

the operator at 2550 is still a major bargain for the spec and still cheaper than most other dh bikes by a long way

im liking the new entourage

Yeah the Operator’s still reasonable value but I was hoping they might continue to set a trend for lower pricing, not jack the RRP up as soon as they’d established a good rep for the bike.

The Entourage looks like a sweet rig, but £2.1k for a bike with a Domain is no bargain either.

The Operator does look amazing though…

kayak23

Nice isn’t it?
    Bit Ragleyesque?

Sutra now listed at £1200, I don’t need one, but by God I want one.

Very Intense Traceresque imho…
    I think the DH/FR bikes look like they’ve done a season at a riding school for the terminally obese, but thats just me.
    Have to say, Kona are not as FUGLY as they used to be….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Munite looks cool – not as long as a “proper” Ute though, but bound to be way cheaper.

Bregante

That sutra? above is. The best looking Kona FS I’ve seen

RustySpanner

The Sutra is their disc braked heavy tourer.

It has had great reviews this year and was very good value, shame they’ve hiked the price.

The Jake, Honky Tonk and few others were heavily discounted this year and have mostly sold out now.
    Why don’t they just price the bikes sensibly in the first place?

Most of the newer first timers won’t know the history of the brand, doubt they’re willing to pay a premium.
    Shame.

kimbers

how do these konas compare to other brands 2012 pricings
    global recession and all that i expect a lot of bike will be getting pricier

AlexSimon

That white FS bike is a SATORI at £2850.

It’s reasonably unique in that that it’s a 130mm 29er.

Surely it’s ‘just’ a faux-bar though.

AFAICT it’s the only bike in the Kona range with a horizontally mounted shock.

This is the SUTRA at £1200

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘2012 Kona bikes and prices.’ is closed to new replies.