Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 2011 Fox Float FIT reviews
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

I need to replace my Fox Vanilla 32 140mm forks with a new set. I love vans, but they seem to have made them the enduro type fork eg 36 and 160mm min travel. This has also increased the weight. Shame.

I sold a pair of 2010 fox floats last year that came with my Zesty as they did not feel as plush as the vans. Anyone know if the 2011 floats are any better ?

If not, what fork would you recommend for 2011. 140mm travel is adequate for my needs.

Thanks

neninja
    Free Member

My 2011 140 Talas with Fit cartridge feel very plush (much more so than the 09’s)
    The 2011 Float is supposed to be more plush than the Talas.

edd

What’s wrong with your current forks? Personally I’d never replace my 32 Vanillas with 32 Floats.

If you really need an upgrade send them to Mojo for a service and upgrade to the 2011 FIT damping and you’ll be grand.

http://www.mojo.co.uk/getfit.html

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Bos Deville 140mm.Excellent fork

LoCo
    Free Member

Deville is a good choice if you can stretch to it, I’ve done a couple of FIT conversions too while are a definate improvement over the open bath carts.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Devilles are £750 at the moment,so a very good price

nasher
    Free Member

As Edd said

I got the new 2011 damper for my van r’s and the difference is incredible..

Mojo will also service, touch up the paint and put on new decals, essentially it will be like a new fork

LoCo
    Free Member

Oscillate off here had his Floats done a couple of weeks ago, no doubt he’ll be along soon

flanagaj
    Free Member

My vanillas are 2004 ?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

and like magic he appears 🙂

yeah did the fit upgrade, must say they are a definite improvement over open ones they replace (which were only a year old under)…

they absorb hits much better deep in the travel, the smooth out any rough descents, ie roots and the likes….

they took about 2 weeks riding to become a nice plush feeling, as im sure any forks do, but once i got past the initial bedding in period im getting pretty much full travel and the smoothness is immense, marketing hype or not i definitely noticed an improvement in tracking the front end when its in use…

forks also needed a service, so combining it with a fit upgrade only cost £100 extra or there abouts after the service cost i needed doing is taken into account!

and another added bonus is they seem a bit lighter too, which im correct in thinking as the damper is lighter inside due to less oil…

i only went for the RL, i didnt want the RLC model as its too much dials and too much fannying around! simple lockout, and rebound adjust at the bottom, not been touched since got it how i like!

AND THE BIGGEST BONUS OF ALL, THE LOCKOUT DOESNT CATCH ON ANY OTHER DIALS!!!!!

if i was to buy them as a retail fork id be happy with the purchase, BUT the price of them new is ridiculous, id probably head over and try rockshox again if buying from scratch…as it is i upgraded 2010 model open baths to new FIT RL and new decals, the whole shebang and they look like new!

get in touch with loco if you are considering it, its definitely worth it, turnaround took 2 bloody days! amazing!

lipseal
    Free Member

turnaround took 2 bloody days!

You didn’t mention fighting in your post?! 😉

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

haha! there was no ‘bloody’ fighting involved, in fact he may have shed alot of blood and sweat getting them back out to me so fast, BOOM! 😳

certainly not fighting though 😆 8)

xiphon
    Free Member

How is it any different from some ’06 36 TALAS R’s ?

julians
    Free Member

I had my 2005 36 Talas R forks upgraded with the FIT damper by mojo about a month ago, I posted on here about it at the time.

Its definately worth doing, the forks are significantly improved now, and seem to be getting better every time I ride the bike. I guess they’re bedding in still.

They are super smooth, very well controlled, and they are ~100 grams lighter than they used to be.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Just got the new FIT cartridge fitted to my 08 Talas 36’s. Haven’t tried them yet but was dissappointed to find that the new ‘lighter’ cartridge has actually made them heavier: 4.98 pounds before and now 5.1!

Not worried about a few ounces but did expect them to be lighter.

xiphon
    Free Member

Just seen the post – two hundred and sixty quid! – of course you’re going to say they’re a significant improvement at that price!

Doubt I would notice any difference TBH..

julians
    Free Member

its a fairly fundamental improvement in ride quality, and very noticeable for me, definately worth the money.

I’m not one to praise something just because I paid good money for it. If it were crap, or I couldnt tell the difference I would say that.

Just to prove the point – I paid £26k for my car, and in my opinion its crap, dont buy one. – There you go.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yeah, id go with that comment too, not on the car front as i could only dream of owning a 26k car…

my ugprade cost – £200 with new decals and postage back, services alone are 90quid at mojo…

so ive paid 110 for the decals, new damper and postage back….and then to top it off sold the open bath damper for £50…

so £60 difference for me, i got a bargain, all told when worked out for a prodcut thats changed my forks to brand new!

performace started to come into its own after about 3 weeks, i was a little dubious at first as it felt harsh riding them, when first received back, since the bed in period, they have been pretty amazing!

as somebody else above said, after bedding in they actually seem to get better and better each ride!

lipseal
    Free Member

Can you buy the FIT damper on it’s own?

flanagaj
    Free Member

I can get a pair of 2010 32 Vanillas for £260 or I can pay £480 for 2011 Fox Float RLC. Going to the US in a couple of weeks so will pick a pair up whilst over there.

Decisions, decisions

lipseal
    Free Member

flanagaj – Member

I can get a pair of 2010 32 Vanillas for £260 or I can pay £480 for 2011 Fox Float RLC. Going to the US in a couple of weeks so will pick a pair up whilst over there.

Decisions, decisions

I’ve started my list will email in a few days… 😉

flanagaj
    Free Member

😆

rudedog
    Free Member

jeebus – £200??? Can only see that as being a feasible option if my current damping cartridge was broken – even then I’d probably consider getting new forks.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

ridethelakes, the FIT is a significant weight saving over the open bath 36 Float R, but over the old 36 cart, it’s the performance that’s the advantage for a small weight penalty.
    More consistent and progressive damping due to the manner the FIT cart works.
    Once you ride them you’ll see the difference. A slight incresae in unsprung mass is offset by improved damping. There’s aways a trade off with weight/performance with suspension, the FIT favours the performance side.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I popped into Mojo the other day to get a price on a FIT damper for my 36s and they want £259 just to supply it now the offer is over, I only paid £20 more than that for the brand new 08 forks back in 2009, suffice to say I left Mojo empty handed…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘2011 Fox Float FIT reviews’ is closed to new replies.