Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2004 fox float rl forks, bottom nut spinning and nut coming off. Top Tips?
  • rangerbill

So how do I stop the threaded bolt spinning every time I turn the bottom nut, need to service the forks but cant get them apart without removing bottom nut.
    ?

LoCo
    Free Member

You need a sharp impact to free the nut, I use an air impact wrench, but I'm guessing you don't have one of those.
    Try hitting the end of the spanner/wrench with a hammer to make it turn.

wwaswas

you could try using a dremel to cut a small 'niche' in the end of the rod taht you can get a small flat bladed scredriver in then use an open spanner to undo the nut?

foxyrider
    Free Member

+1 Waswas – shouldn't turn unless the rod inside is not in the slot in the bottom of the outer?

LoCo
    Free Member

there isn't a slot in the bottom of the lowers as far as I remember, it's just an interference fit. So I'd try and 'shock' it loose first before you start cutting, you may damage the thread which means new parts.

rangerbill

Cheers everyone, one has loosened due to the favorite 'douse it in spray then go off in a huff and have a brew'. The other one is still being a stubborn Bstard though. I have a cordless impact, will try that

spock
    Free Member

all you need to do is compress the forks about 30mm and use a belt under the arch and over one side of the crown to keep it compressed, then just undo the bolts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2004 fox float rl forks, bottom nut spinning and nut coming off. Top Tips?’ is closed to new replies.