Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 1×10 crank set up.
  • akira

Just wondering what crank, ring, chain device people are runnning on their ten speed set ups. About to bite the bullet and looking for burly but not too heavy build.

matthew_h
    Free Member

XT 760 cranks, 33t E13 Guide Ring, E13 XCX chain device (and XTR Shadow+ mech)

Works spot on but I’d really like to have newer cranks, no reason other than tartiness

rondo101
    Free Member

1x10sp. SLX M665 cranks with middleburn 34t ring, Superstar XCR chainguide.

Not lost the chain yet & have ridden Nant yr Arian, Climachx, Coed y Brenin (Beast), Cwm Rhaeadr, most of Bristol’s trails & a week of sessioning Rowberrow woods on the Mendips.

continuity
    Free Member

XT cranks, e13 guide ring, lg1+, 11-36

ska-49
    Free Member

X0 cranks, MRP lopes SL and 36t Renthal.

KevinPP
    Free Member

X9 crank arms with XO DH spider, Hope 34T ring and E13 LG1 Trail on the 146, and X9 crank arms with Homebrewed Components 34T ring and Superstar XCR upper chain guide on the 29er.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Old SLX cranks here, with 32t e*thirteen chainring (might try a Hope one next) and new 32t specific Straitline Silentguide with bash ring. Lightish, rugged and I’ll never drop a chain. Maintenance free, too which is always good.

rmacattack
    Free Member

really tempted to go this route. maybe when drivetrain is worn out

porter_jamie

on heckler old xt 10sp cranks, 34t renthal, 11-36 cassette with xt rear mech. e13 device no roller. chain has come off the bottom of the chain ring a few times, so am going to try an e13 LS1.

for info on old 1×9 ride to work bike i use an old mech with limit screws wound in, and a 40th front, 11-32 cassette.

456 is going to get old 9sp xt cranks, renthal 32t, e13 device.

straitline device above looks really nice.

mlucas666
    Free Member

Truvativ Firexx Crank, Hope Bash, Hope 32T chainring, N-gear Jumpstop:

faz083
    Free Member

xt m780’s, with an e13 LG1+, and a Renthal 36t

mboy
    Free Member

Old XT M760 crank arms here, with a 32T Gussett Chainring at the moment (will probably replace with a SS On One when worn out as ally rings seem to wear fast), and an MRP Lopes SL chain device. Works for me.

Though if I had the cash right now, I’d be tempted by that 32T specific Straitline silent guide pictured above… Does look good!

Hadge
    Free Member

I’m running an XTR crank, MRP Lopes chain device and Goldtec 34t ring. Very very impressed with it so far too.

scotty38
    Free Member

Middleburn UNO, 34 ring, E13 XCX

porter_jamie

nice middleburns. did you buy that bike form 18bikes about 3 weeks ago? i saw it in the shop.

messiah
    Free Member

I really like the Silent Guide but I have Jones’d M960 XTR cranks on one bike so I can’t run a bashguard. At the moment I just have a top guide but I do sometimes lose the chain in the gnar so would like a full guide.

I’m looking at the new Blackspire Der guide as it replaces the noisy lower roller of most guides with a “plastic?” runner like the Silent Guide. The Der is out at the end of the month… I’m saving my pennies.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I have SLX cranks, e13 34t chainring, and a MRP Lopes guide. The Lopes guide is light and good to setup, but I’ve smashed the bottom guide twice now and it’s £25 for a small piece of plastic and a bolt. Grr.

akira

Eventually went for saints with straitline silent guide and e.thirteen ring. Will post pics when I get it fitted.
    Thanks for all the inspiration.

wrecker
    Free Member

XT M785, 34T hope chainring, E Thirteen LG1 Trail chain device, stronglight short chainring bolts. 11 – 36 XT cassette.

atlaz
    Free Member

1×9 here but MRP 1x and an unramped FSA chainring with my Raceface Evolve XC cranks.

skywalker
    Free Member

1×10, is that some kind of group sex?

continuity
    Free Member

Apparently 1x only good for hardtails; http://dw-link.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/single-chainrings-and-detrimental.html

who’da thought it

reggiegasket
    Free Member

SLX cranks, Renthal 32t ring, Straitline silent guide

njee20
    Free Member

XTR M985 cranks, Experimental Prototype 36t custom ti chainring (due to stupid 88mm BCD), Superstar XCR guide with home made seat tube mount.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘1×10 crank set up.’ is closed to new replies.