Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 140 pikes on a scandal
  • legend76
    Free Member

i've just bought an on one scandal, if i put my pikes on will there be any adverse effects?

soobalias
    Free Member

IMO the forks will do no favours.

heavy and a bit too long – kinda depends what you just took the pikes off, and how you liked that

theboatman
    Free Member

Seems an strange frame to buy if you were wanting to put pikes on it. I thought the scandal was sold as a light weight wheels on the ground racer that would take forks from 80-130mm. I think I would have gone for the 456 to match the pikes. Not sure how your warrenty would stand if you were running the forks at 140mm. I'm not one to get fussed over how much an extra 10mm of travel would effect handling, but just seems an odd combo to go for.

legend76
    Free Member

will 10 mm make that much difference? i'm not a pro it's just for messing about on in the woods and keeping fit!

z1ppy

it's not the 10mm difference, they're 'concerned' about, but the weight of the pikes on what is a lightweight race type frame.

Is ithe scandAL a 18"?
    If it is, sell it me and buy a One-one 456 to match the pikes.
    😀

legend76
    Free Member

yeah it 18" inch but not for sale 😀 i'm not to concerned about the weight ov it but even still it'll be lighter than a 456 anyway

soobalias
    Free Member

if you are happy enough to ignore the slight steering and front end height changes, which you could balance with stem, stack adjustments AND you accept that the increased fork length could potentially rip the head tube clean off…….

go for it, you will end up with a light quick direct frame with a fork that you can plow through pretty much anything – and that sounds like fun.

jfeb
    Free Member

I have a Scandal albeit in 29er flavour. I know what On-One describe it as their wheels-on-the-ground-racy-frame but it seems perfectly capable as a more all-round frame.

Have their been any frame failures?

I suspect Pikes on a Scandal will be great fun 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The scandal is an XC frame, it's sweet spot is around 100mm if you've bought it to put Pikes on it, IMO you've bought the wrong frame.

Northwind

I ran my Scandal with 130mm revs, tbh I didn't think it worked very well with the longer forks- it didn't break or anything but it always felt a bit out of its comfort zone, comparing the handling with my Soul made it look very bad tbh. Certainly would never have considered going longer.

legend76
    Free Member

cheers for your advice,i usually run the forks at 120mm unless i'm playing about, i'm not convinced the extra 10 mm will "rip the head tube clean off" as i'm only 12 stone surely heavier riders don't snap their frames!

Olly
    Free Member

sell it and buy a Ragley mmmbop.

basicly an aluminium 456 i think.
    designed to take pikes

legend76
    Free Member

hmm might have a look at the ragley cheers

legend76
    Free Member

just looked at it and i,m impressed it's a nice looking frame indeed

z1ppy

so then, that scandal of your…. 😈

Olly
    Free Member

lol

legend76
    Free Member

pmpl ok z1ppy you just buy me the ragley in black and we'll do a straight swap lol

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘140 pikes on a scandal’ is closed to new replies.