Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 100 mile offroad time?
  • ton

anyone on who has ridden 100 mile offroad.
    not on a event like kielder or a 24 hour course, but on natural trails/bridleways.

what kind of time did it take?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Well obviously it totally depends on the route but I tend to go with a moving avg of 10 mph for those sort of distances on the singlespeed in and around the chilterns and/or Ridgeway

blackhat
    Free Member

Well, I’m no superman and did the SDW, 100 miles, in 12 hours dead. That’s c8mph. I’d banked on 14 hours based on 7mph, which is a good base case ready reckoner for 70 miles plus. I’d agree on 10mph for Chilterns/Ridgeway trails

druidh
    Free Member

A ready reckoner…. the West Highland Way is just under 100 miles. It does involve a carry section, but even then, few folk would do it comfortably in a day.

njee20
    Free Member

11 hours round CyB a few years back.

jonba
    Free Member

I’ve not done anything that reaches the distance other than the Kielder one but from experience of long rides (75-80miles) I’d be aiming for about 8-9 miles an hour depending on terrain. flatter stuff will be faster obviously but also stuff that you know and where you can pick up food. If you are stopping to map read and having to carry everything for the off you’ll be slower.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘100 mile offroad time?’ is closed to new replies.