The team behind the hugely popular Naughty Northumbrian mountain bike enduro race has just announced a gravel version, called the Naughty Frontier.
What it ISN’T is a long 200km non-competitive event. What it IS is a multi-stage enduro race for gravel bikes in the style popularised by events like Grinduro. The organisers are promising five timed stages, loads of climbing and descending – and being part of the rest of the Naughty Northumbrian enduro weekend, there’ll be loads of beer, food and socialising to be done.
What’s on offer at the Naughty Frontier
- Date: August 29th, 2020.
- 5 timed stages within a 30-ish mile loop. “These are Northumbrian miles.”
- 5,000 + ft of ascent.
- It retains the social element – There are no set stage start times per rider, simply arrive before the stage closes, and go when you like.
- Utilising the core elements of the valley’s topography – A mixture of gravel track, grass descent, mellow single track and valley-bottom tarmac sections with big vistas.
- Sport Ident timing system.
- A fully sign-marked route.
- Camping, beer, music, games and evening activities.
- Entry is £50 for the day, with camping at £6 a night
So, if you’re looking for some racing inspiration for next year, Naughty Frontier entries are launched on February 1st – put it in the calendar now (or wait until next week, when the new issue of Singletrack Magazine comes out – complete with free calendar…)
Use code HELLO54 when you join us as a print or digital member and your membership will be half price for the first year.
The Print+ membership where Singletrack magazine drops through your door, plus full digital access, is normally £45, now only £22.50 with the code. And a digital membership where you can read all the digital magazines is normally £25, and now £12.50 with the code.
Simply use code HELLO54 at checkout.
(New annually renewing membership only. Excludes Gift Memberships, Discount applies to first year. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, or when switching memberships)