Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • YT Izzo
  • gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Looks like a bit of fun to me …

ta11pau1

Yeah looks great and is a proper lightweight short travel trail bike with modern geometry. With the Jeffsy moving to trail/light enduro at 150/160mm travel there was a nice gap for something more trail focused.

The launch edition is a great spec too, £5700 with full AXS eagle and AXS dropper.

Starts at £2600 too with the full carbon frame.

SirHC

Looks good, apart from the actual vs effective seat angle, they dont specify a saddle height they used their magic tape measure at.

ta11pau1

That’s no different to every other bike on the market…

It’s nicely steep but not too radical.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Nice but isn’t that just a Scott Spark?

tails
    Free Member

Press fit BB . . . and I’m out.

chakaping
    Free Member

As someone else has already started critiquing the geometry, I’d like to suggest that 432mm is too short on the chainstays for the medium and large models.

mboy
    Free Member

Looks good… The bike that most of us should be riding most of the time perhaps! This or a Whyte S-120…

Though personally I’d prefer the manufacturers went back to alloy frames say sub £3.5k maybe… I’d rather the frame was 400g heavier, but the bike had better fork/wheels/brakes/groupset for the same price myself. The £2599 model would really float my boat as a “winter” alternative to my main bike if it was alloy, had a 10T cog on the cassette, a Performance level fork instead of the Rhythm, and GX or SLX in place of the NX groupset… A more interesting colour might help too actually!

As someone else has already started critiquing the geometry, I’d like to suggest that 432mm is too short on the chainstays for the medium and large models.

Depends what you want to do with it I guess… I’ve found over 440mm to be counter productive myself and the 432mm chainstays on my current bike (and 2 of the 4 that preceded it) are spot on… Evil Offering FWIW, and prior to that was riding a Whyte S-150 for a little while (435mm stays) which was really good too.

If you want a full on EWS Enduro sled then maybe you’d wanna go a touch longer, 440-445mm maybe, but this looks like it’s been designed more for the average rider to have a bit of fun down the local woods or at a trail centre to me, like most of us used to do until we all went Super Rad Enduro Gnar to the power of Sick! 🤷🏻‍♂️

kula72
    Free Member

My next short travel trail bike shortlist just got one longer.

ta11pau1

Nice but isn’t that just a Scott Spark?

Yes.

Apart from the completely different geometry, 10mm more travel, the several thousand pound cheaper price, and the spec, of course.

Otherwise, exactly the same.

If you want a full on EWS Enduro sled then maybe you’d wanna go a touch longer, 440-445mm maybe, but this looks like it’s been designed more for the average rider to have a bit of fun down the local woods or at a trail centre to me, like most of us used to do until we all went Super Rad Enduro Gnar to the power of Sick!

Exactly, they’ve done several things on purpose to make this not a short travel enduro bike, like no room for a piggyback shock, the shock lockout in the locked out position as standard.

Vital MTB have a good review:

https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Not-a-Mini-Enduro-Bike-NEW-YT-IZZO,2865

Kryton57

the several thousand pound cheaper price

Not really.  My 2018 Team RC is pretty much the same spec as the IZZO Pro, and was the same RRP – I  bought it on sale for £2899.  Same Fox system and GX albeit with Synchros elsewhere.   Yes, theres 2 years of price increases to account four which make the YT slightly cheaper.

It does look nice though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Trail bikes would still be better with 440-450mm stays, for me.

I just built up a new (to me) 110mm/130mm bike – similar in intentions to this I’m sure. It has 435mm stays and while I don’t mind less stability descending, the climbing is annoyingly compromised.

I accept that many may disagree with me, but I also predict some of those who do will come to agree with me in time.

ta11pau1

Not really. My 2018 Team RC is pretty much the same spec as the IZZO Pro, and was the same RRP – I bought it on sale for £2899. Same Fox system and GX albeit with Synchros elsewhere. Yes, theres 2 years of price increases to account four which make the YT slightly cheaper.

Top level spark with AXS is £8200.
    Top level ltd ed Izzo with AXS is £5700.
    2nd level spark with perf elite fox, XT and alloy wheels £4400
    2nd level Izzo with factory fox, XO1, and XMC1200 wheels is £4600
    For £2600 you get NX eagle, similar level forks (32 vs 34), but a full carbon vs an alloy frame.

Come on now, not even close on pricing at RRP. That’s to be expected with a Direct vs a traditional brand though.

With the sales YT often have, they’re even better value. I paid £3420 for my 2019 Jeffsy CF Pro race, £4800 RRP.

hooli

If they were available for immediate delivery, I’d place an order today.

tails
    Free Member

Top level spark with AXS is £8200.
    Top level ltd ed Izzo with AXS is £5700

That’s staggering, what are you paying for? Delivery to your bike shop. Orbea get close the £6599 for a top level occam although I appreciate not exactly the same spec.

Actually a Santa Cruz dealer told me the just want a bigger margin. That’s basically the reason there bikes are so expensive even with the lifetime warranty.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I was really interested until I saw the actual weight in the review in Pinkbike- just about 29lb for the X01 spec model. That’s way too heavy.

lightfighter762
    Free Member

What resin are these guys using in their frames. I just find them soft. Cracking issues on all the YTs ive owned and friends after a year. I hope they have sorted it.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Sorry, meant 27lb – but for such an XC focussed bike, with wheels that weigh so little and fancy kit all over it, it should be much lighter.

argee

Looks good, they’re not changing the world with anything on these, but it’ll do the job well from the sounds of it and geometry/specs.

Should hopefully push the competitors to rethink pricing if these specs are available.

onewheelgood

Sorry, meant 27lb

My original 2016 Jeffsy CF Pro weighs just under 27lbs. Surprised they couldn’t make this lighter.

muggomagic

I think the weight is pretty good. That Comp version at 28lbs for £2.6k is decent enough when you look at the competition.
    The Scott spark around that price point is over 30lbs and even when you look at something expensive like the Evil Following (not the 2020 version) that’s also around 28lbs.

I like the look of this bike, and it could eventually be a replacement for my Scott spark, but I’m after something more like the Jeffsy right now. 140-150mm travel less of an xc type trail bike and more enduro-lite 😀

BTW my Spark 960 that I bought last April for £2k weighed 35lbs, I spent approx £400 and it’s now down to about 31lbs, so a 28lbs bike sounds bloody good.

kelvin

Weight looks bob on for a real bike, rather than a race special. How good is their marketing, again?!?

chakaping
    Free Member

If it’s a realistic weight, it’s quite reasonable.

Lockdown boredom had me weighing all my bikes the other day, my comparable short-travel 29er was 29lbs in a large frame. That’s a light aluminium frame with light-ish Mavic wheels, trail tyres, XT/SLX transmission & Zee brakes.

Perhaps I could lose a pound or two with a £1k groupset and £1k carbon wheels?

Scott were mentioned above, but I’m guessing YT’s carbon frame is comparable to Scott’s lower-tier carbon. I know their high-end HMX layups are likely to be notably lighter.

How good is their marketing, again?!?

I haven’t watched the launch video, but the bike name just makes me think of…

ta11pau1

Fo Shizzle, my nizzle.

And yeah the weight it good IMO, it’s not a superlight race bike, but it’s a fair bit lighter than the jeffsy!

Rosss
    Free Member

I really fancied one as a winter / every day bike to fit alongside my enduro bike key for bigger trips away. Plan was to go for the comp, sell all components off and rebuild with sales / spares bin kit until I saw September for the black frame. Not sure if i’m sold on the grey / green.

zezaskar
    Free Member

Seems like a trail bike that actually makes sense, instead of the current crop of intentionally handicapped enduro bikes to make them “fun”.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

I just ordered one. I’ve been saving for a long time, have a lot of trouble spending money, and in a moment of excitement/weakness ordered one.

I pretend to myself that I’m far more rad than I am, currently sporting a Kona Process 134 2015 model (fantastic bike), but it’s a bit on the heavy side for me being 72kg. An XC orientated trail bike, some call it downcountry, is just the ticket.

Pro model in Ghostship Green, which I love!

Decision made and the waiting game.

muggomagic

I just ordered one

Nice one, I’ll be interested to see what you make of it. If I didn’t have the Scott Spark (the bike I ride 90% of the time these days) I too would be very tempted. If I’m honest I’m still pretty tempted by it, but think the Jeffsy is the bike I’m really after. I want something to bridge the gap between the Spark and my Capra, which only really gets outings at bike parks and when I head to Surrey with people that I know will make me ride stuff that’s a bit out of my comfort zone on the Spark.

muggomagic

I did something silly and ordered one! I wanted the black comp and it’s not due in stock for a while so hopefully I’ll get it just in time for some big post lockdown summer rides. I was totally hooked by how nice it looks. Love that flow from top tube to seat stays.

chiefgrooveguru

“I did something silly and ordered one!”

Well that escalated quickly!

muggomagic

Well that escalated quickly!

Beer + boredom is a very dangerous/expensive combo 😂

roger_mellie
    lightfighter762
    Free Member

YT should send out some west systems epoxy repair kits + 2 part close cell foam with all their carbon,chopped strand paste frames.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘YT Izzo’ is closed to new replies.