Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Your next bike or frame?
  • matther01
    Free Member

A new bike is a long way off for me but wondered what others are thinking of getting?

If I could I think I’d have a Stanton switchback frame in that amazing green

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I miss my Cove Stiffee. As Cove no longer sell them I am waiting to see what the replacements will be

thegreatape
    Free Member

I am waiting patiently for my Bird Zero (they are waiting for its forks to arrive in the UK).

shredder
    Free Member

It arrived the other day 😀
    [/url]Helius AC 650b Orange Ano (1) by rlockwood64, on Flickr[/img]

manmurray

May be a good way off yet (based on the Puffin delivery timeline), but mine’ll be a Rooster…can’t wait 🙂

dudeofdoom

I want a Stooge ……

Only reason I haven’t ordered yet is that I have just built up a titus carbon ftm and
    the missus would go mental 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

Like the retro elastomer shock shredder

robdeanhove
    Free Member
    everyone
    Free Member

Cyclocross. Probably with discs, and I’d like a frame that’s a bit out of the ordinary (last out of the ordinary bike was a Ritchey P-650b).

Bike after that will be a ~120mm full suss 650b fun bike, only other requirement is that it needs to have bottle cage mounts.

Willing to take suggestions on either!

EDIT: Hang on, I forgot I promised myself a retro road bike with my first paycheck.

chambord
    Free Member

Dialled Alpine I think, but it wont be for at least a year so I will have changed my mind by then

spectabilis
    Free Member

Was toying with either a Stanton Sherpa or Switchback….. But now I have an urge to go back to basics and build a rigid SS like a Singular Swift. Or maybe something that doesn’t begin with “S”

got a bit sick of all the industry techno bs so going to keep it simple.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Planet X flat bar carbon cross to replace my Giant hybrid.

neilm
    Free Member

Roadie content: I am constantly on the lookout for a Dave Lloyd Concept90 frame and forks.

I also have a hankering for a Shand Stoater in some form.

ads678

I’d love a Santa Cruz Nomad but quite fancy/think I’ll go for a Canyon strive if they release a 650b alu version.

steve_b77
    Free Member

The way things are going I’ll be reducing no increasing 😐

simondbarnes

Genesis Flyer. Due in September.

chojin
    Free Member

Voodoo Hoodoo from Halfords – £324 currently – bargtastic!

mrmoosehead
    Free Member

Genesis croix de fer. Lovely bike.

yossarian
    Free Member

Giant trance – at some point in the next 2 months. I might even go back to flats as well. I like a challenge!

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t think of anything but a new 575. But will they still be making them or will the stupid horrible magic link garbage replace the wonderful 575?
    Prob get a 2nd hand one if they do.

Rockplough
    Free Member

T-129S if everything goes to plan.

trevron73
    Free Member

I just finished my Cotic build and i’m super happy with it and get a few nice comments whilst on the trail. Now i have a fat bike itch that will not go away , i need and i mean need a Surly Pugsly ops in Khaki , i will camp up the paint and a brooks saddle and leather grips then i will be happy . I might have to sell my Cannondale beast of the East 97 to help fund though? i already sold a vintage scooter . Just got to persuade the wife( pregnant ) ??

mildred

Can’t think of anything but a new 575. But will they still be making them or will the stupid horrible magic link garbage replace the wonderful 575?
    Prob get a 2nd hand one if they do.

I seem to recall reading their website recently (whilst pondering & trying to find out whether I’d kill my asr5c in les deux alpes), which said the 575 will always have a place in the lineup, but it would be 650b.

As for my next bike – I doubt there’ll be one unless I kill what I’ve got now. I just can’t justify the price these days. That said, a French guy who was racing the Mtn of hell this weekend was camped next to me with a Focus Sam 1.0 & that was just lovely in the flesh. I think I could spec a fairly special Nicolai with tuned suspension for the price though.

The other thing I noticed whilst out in France is that 27.5 (or 650b) & 29ers seem to be making sod all impact (the Sam 1.0 being one of very few seen). Yes there are some, but they’re in such a minority as to be insignificant numbers wise. Interesting – I wonder if we Brits are little too marketing led.

ton

i wanted a tripster atr….i didnt want to wait for it. so put it on hold.

if i get a good outcome from my heart op i am gonna buy some big mofo enduro bike.

any reccommendations?

inbred853

Well just replaced my 2011 Salsa El Mariachi frame with a 2014 Salsa El Mariachi frame! Bargintastic from the bay with colour matched Chris King headset to boot, hopefully I will have it built up this weekend.

mcnultycop

YT Industries Capra.

Can’t justify it, but nearly clicked buy last week.

pedlad

Spitfire frame coming later in summer

kimbers

i would love one of them 650b Explosifs in raw………

ronburgundy

Rocky Mountain Element will be the next and last for a while. Until I want something else…

momo

I realised last week that I’m actiually really happy with the bikes I already own (and have just bought my first house so can’t afford another!) although I am going to treat my Blur 4X to a refresh, including bringing it up to full enduro spec with fresh powder coat in fluro yellow 🙂

Would quite like a tripster ATR though if my numbers came up on the lotto!

honourablegeorge

There’s an SS Niner in my shed for the last week that I’ve been mucking about on, and I think a steel SS 29er is now on the list. Maybe a Swift or a Stooge.

daftvader
    Free Member

Just ordering the bits to go on my new Stanton sherpa, in the green…. This WILL be the last bike I buy for quite a while….

benji
    Free Member

Purchased it Saturday, bought a Niner RLT to run as SSCX, been loving my SS Mtb so much lately it seemed the next logical step, just waiting on a biocentric II bottom bracket then the built will just about be finished. Disc and singlespeed the traditionalists will be crying.

philholmes
    Free Member

Just sold my DH bikes so I could buy a YT Wicked comp and also got a C456 frame which will have most parts moved from my canyon nerve AM onto it.

Just waiting for delivery of everything now 😀

It would take a lot to part with my ’08 S-Works Enduro at the moment, as I have it just about perfect.

If I’m feeling flush in the next few months though, it will be a Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon frame to replace the S-Works, or a Production Privee Shan full build

seanthesheap
    Free Member

Ice VTX or really push the boat out and get a sinner mango.

wiggles
    Free Member

T-130 works…

Unsure If I can bring myself to sell my dialled alpine though…

sarpullido
    Free Member

Ready in less than 2 weeks :))

Northwind

Most likely a Patriot 66 or something very similiar- big, inexpensive and idiotproof. Selling the dh bikes and will be left with a set of wheels, some drivetrain and some lyriks, perfect.

Ideal world? A Remedy 29er. Or a 26er Zumbi maybe. But not happening 🙁

wiggles
    Free Member

sarpullido – Where did you get a rear tyre to match the frame? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Your next bike or frame?’ is closed to new replies.