Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Moral dilemma re sold frame..
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Sold my commencal frame, advert clearly says “as pictured excluding rear shock, you need a 200×57”

It arrives today and he’s asking where’s the shock?

It was a brand new minus shock for £350 delivered. Now am I missing something or is this his fault?

wwaswas

was the shock in the pictures and removed afterwards?

vorlich
    Free Member

wysiwyg
    or not… 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

wysiwyg

Username win.

🙂

EDIT: too slow… 😉

wysiwyg
    Free Member

It was the stock picture off the website. I just put as pictured excluding shock

joolsburger
    Free Member

Saw the ad you were clear enough..

J

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ha. I see what you did there.

BoardinBob

It arrives today and he’s asking where’s the shock?

I sold a set of Marzocchi forks on pinkbike. Clearly stated in the ad they had a tapered steerer. Drove up from Glasgow to Perth and met the guy in a carpark. As I was driving away I looked in the mirror and saw him staring quizzically at the forks.

By the time I got home he had them advertised on Pinkbike for £25 less than he paid me…

wwaswas

I suspect someone saw a bargain, didn’t read the text and now realises what’s happened.

I think you’ve got every right to stand your ground.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

http://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/1559839/

That’s the ad.
    So methinks I should apologize and say I’m sorry but I’m afraid you’ve made a mistake. Also I have a lovely CCDB In just the right length..

joolsburger
    Free Member

I was with you until you said methinks… Now I reckon you owe him a full refund.

edlong
    Free Member

I was with you until you said methinks… Now I reckon you owe him a full refund.

Like.

ninfan
    Free Member

Duh, obviously excluding is one of those special words, isn’t it – means the same as including – just like flammable/inflammable

PiknMix
    Free Member

That advert is clear enough, as mentioned offer them your shock and see what they say.

andyrm
    Free Member

So methinks I should apologize and say I’m sorry but I’m afraid you’ve made a mistake.

You have nothing to apologise for.

Let me rephrase your post:

You’ve made a mistake.

Northwind

It’s not so much a dilemma as a unlemma, this

IA

Where’s the shock?

Depends how sarky you want to be?

“It’s right here. As the advert says, you need to get your own”

timmys

I has slight sympathy with the buyer as I thought he could have overlooked the bit about the shock but now, having seen your ad, the fact that the ad is about 10 words really doesn’t leave that as an explanation.

Stoner
    Free Member

“Where’s the shock?”

“You know that feeling you got when you opened the package…., there, right there it is”

thegreatape
    Free Member

If he couldn’t read your advert through to the end, and then understand the words, he shouldn’t be allowed to spend money online.

jambalaya
    Free Member

If it looks to good to be true it probably is. A brand new frame and shock for £350 ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its clear but the message is CAPS LOCK AND EMBOLDEN ANYTHING IMPORTANT

their problem

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

The ad is slightly ambiguous. It could be read as “everything is as the pic but the shock is different”. The “You need a 210×57” doesn’t really make much sense to someone not used to full bounce bikes. The buyer has a point, but he paid Gift, right?

djflexure

How did it come to be called Pinkbike?

taxi25
    Free Member

I don’t think its 100% clear. If you dont read it carefully, It could be read, as picture but with a different shock a 210×57. If I’m selling I never use stock photos, what you see is what you get.

PiknMix
    Free Member

If you dont read it carefully

So not the op’s fault then 😉

taxi25
    Free Member

Not realy the op’s fault but people often skim over things. After seeing a picture of a frame and shock thats what sticks in their mind, the rest becomes blah, blah, blah. A picture of the actual frame and a description saying
    FRAME ONLY NO SHOCK leaves no room for doubt.

br
    Free Member

I don’t think its 100% clear. If you dont read it carefully, It could be read, as picture but with a different shock a 210×57. If I’m selling I never use stock photos, what you see is what you get.

This.

If I’d been a buyer I’d have asked, but tbh based on the crap English and stock picture I’d have just assumed it was dodgy anyway.

convert

If I’d been a buyer I’d have asked, but tbh based on the crap English and stock picture I’d have just assumed it was dodgy anyway.

Agreed. How much time did you take to compose that advert? You needed a little more! You stated the facts but your grammatical ineptitude does not make it as clear as it could have been. The last sentence could be understood to mean that what is on offer is exactly like the picture except the shock which is different.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

I would agree that the wording / grammar is a rather slack however it seems clear enough to me that there is no shock. The clue is in the phrase “You need….”. Quite clearly that means this is something you will need to buy.

Another school day for the buyer then – read carefully what you think you are buying. From his response so far I would imagine most days are school days for him. 🙂

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Despite what the STW asshats say about the advert, it’s pretty damn clear that it needs a shock.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

No dilemma. Clearly says no shock.

You would have to be a bit special to think otherwise.

scotroutes

Obviously not – he made the sale.

clubby

Your fault IMO. You post a picture of a frame with a shock and don’t actually state anywhere that it doesn’t come with one, only that it’s different from the photo.

For someone reading the advert without reading this thread, I can see exactly why they would be puzzled.

granny_ring

It was a misleading ad with the shock being pictured.
    Up to you what you do now……

Rorschach
    Free Member

Do I get the Ti spring if I buy your M6?
    (and I REALLY want to buy your m6 😀 )

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

convert » How much time did you take to compose that advert? You needed a little more!
    Obviously not – he made the sale.

But would he have done so if the ad hadn’t been a tad misleading?
    Was this deliberate?
    The OP describes this as a “Moral dilemma”. If he really regards it as such he should recognise that the buyer has been (rightly or wrongly) mislead and ain’t HP!
    Morally,he should take the frame back and refund the buyer, less postage costs both ways.
    Realistically, I reckon he’s done better than expected out of this deal and is loathe to do the decent thing.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Caveat Emptor

seavers
    Free Member

It’s not the worst ad I have seen on PB however it does say…Excluding shock….. and….you will need….

The image is misleading and like it or not, most people just look at a pic and think yeah that’s what I need.

The buyer F’ed up and the nice thing to do is offer a refund. If you decide not to do that I think the ad is clear enough that you have every right to refuse. Your call at the end of the day.

dingabell
    Free Member

He’s daft for not reading it properly. Not your problem. Might be a bit cheeky to offer him the shock for it though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Moral dilemma re sold frame..’ is closed to new replies.