Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 245 total)
  • Your most tenuous connection to someone famous. My two for starters.
  • MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

My friend is good friends with Orlando Bloom.
    One of my wifes pupils uncle is Alan Rickman.

Posted before but, I once had afternoon tea with Eric Morecombe and I used to regularly drink with Andy Burrows (ex Razorlight Drummer now lead singer with I Am Arrows)

Oh and Roy North (Basil Brush) used to run past my house every morning.

bullheart
    Free Member

I nearly ran Jimmy Saville over as he jogged across the road in Leeds. He was wearing a gold tracksuit.

I used to cycle with my best mate to Robert Smith’s (the Cure) house near Arundel for cake and pop. Jim is his nephew. He back-combs his hair at home too.

I once pissed on Evan Dando’s (Lemonheads) foot in a toilet at the Garage in London when hammered.

Rio

One of my sister’s prefects at school was Paul McCartney’s step-sister.

When Mrs R was little she lived in the same road as the Panayiotou family and she used to play with their son Giorgios. It all went downhill for him when he changed his name to something a little less Greek.

The daughter of one of my former colleagues was at university with a nephew of Osama bin Laden.

iain1775
    Free Member

yossarian – Member
    My sister was asked out by Thom Yorke and turned him down

I gave Mark Thomas a lift to Glastonbury on an off chance and ended up getting heavily involved with his campaign against Balfour Beatty

I work for Balfour Beatty so have a tenuous link to both Yossarian, Thom Yorke and Mark Thomas

I replyed to a thread last week about a Ragley Troof and the OP’s sister’s, brothers, cousins, third nephew twice removed (or something) knew Brant Richards from school (or somewhere)
    There is now a special bond between us. I look forward to recieving free Ragleys for life (that’ll be one then the way I ride, and he can keep the 8″ forks)

335.geek
    Free Member

Sir Robert Peel was my Great,Great,Great,Great,Great,Great Grandfather.

I used to drink in “The Cat Cracker” in Stanford Le Hope with the drummer from Dr & The Medics once they’d peaked and he was a plumber again.We had identical watches and played “bang them against the bar to see which breaks first” once.

I work at the JPL in Pasadena and once reversed into a lamp post outside Robert Oppenheimer’s old house near there.

Best I can do I’m afraid.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

MOST tenuous?
    I’ve a friend who was the chairman of the firm that sent the Kiwi engineers to Chechnya who were captured and beheaded in 1998 by the local Islamic nutcases who were connected to….

Osama bin Laden.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I sold David “Kid” Jensen a pair of padded underpants.

catfood
    Free Member

I had a shower with David Baddiel.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

I went to Uni with Thom Yorke.

But he doesn’t know that.

Harry_the_Spider

One of The Dambusters used to live in my house.

My cousin was asked out by one of Jamiroquai (not the famous one). She said no.

I once completely ignored Linford Christie.

philconsequence
    Free Member

one of my closer friends at uni was “miss pole dance UK”, in fact i’ll see if i can find a video… 😆

iDave
    Free Member

A made eye contact with Ed Norton in a restaurant in Santa Fe, post Fight Club. He acknowledged the warrior within me with a knowing smile.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Ooh, and my missus is the Great, Great, Great, Great, Great Granddaughter of Sir John Barrow.

Tenuous/obscure enough for ya?

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

My Grandad is to blame for getting Ken Livingstone into politics.

When he worked at the Medical Research Council in the 1960’s he had an assistant called Ken. One day my Grandad was asked if he would be the union rep, he couldn’t be bothered so he volunteered his assistant to get him out of the lab.

Kate Moss was 5 years above me at my primary school.

My greatest claim to fame is skinny dipping with Hannah and Julia Waterman

BillMC

I went to the same school as Jonathan Ross and Steve Harris (same class) and university with the Young Ones, Ben Elton, Steve Hewlett.

theteaboy
    Free Member

I delivered wine to Robbie Williams (nasty cheap Aussie red) and the lady from the Bisto adverts (very nice Burgundy).

xiphon
    Free Member

The house my sister lived in Swansea, while she was a student, was the same house The Manic Street Preachers were formed in.

They even had a plaque put into the wall inside! Arrogant gits!

jojoA1
    Free Member

My mum’s cousin’s husband played Dougal ‘off of’ ‘Take the Highroad’ (now defunct Scottish soap that was the Queen Mother’s (gawd rest ‘er) favourite telly prog.

Slightly less tenuous is that when I used to hitch-hike a lot, I was given lifts by Stan Collymore and Malcolm Rifkind. Stan drove a beamer and showed me pics of himself in a footie mag ‘cos I didn’t know who he was.
    And Mr Rifkind’s wife calls him “Malkie”

Tiger6791

Harvey Smith ended up on my stag do

crispedwheel
    Free Member

I’ve had coffee with a member of Hezbollah’s executive committee.

At uni, I did the same course/was in lectures with Michael Howard’s (tory MP)daughter – and probably lots of other offspring of the ‘great and good’ that I didn’t know about.

psling
    Free Member

I know someone that knows Sheldon (ayatollahofniche)

toab
    Free Member

My great grandfather worked for Sir Anthony Eden.

My brother accidentally roadied for the Levellers.

As a baby I apparently met Maureen Lipman and Miriam Margoles and Miriam dropped me.

verses

My Dad’s, Granny’s, brother married one of Harry Ramsden’s daughters. Harry Corbett was Harry Ramsden’s nephew.

Ergo, Sooty is my distant cousin.

Apparently I’m not eligible to inherit any of the sub-par fish and chip empire.

thepurist

Diane Youdale (Jet from Gladiators) borrowed my diving gear, then later that day accidentally (she says) hit me in the gentleman’s area.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

My dad met Alan Sugar back in the early 80’s, I asked what he was like back then my dad replied ” he was a git”

bagpuss72
    Free Member

1) I used to go to Slimming World with Peter Kays Mum & his Aunty Pat (he also came to lose weight for his wedding) I’m the ‘Debbie’ in his routine about Slimming World.

2) I nearly kneecapped James Martin with an A-Frame Board when I worked for the Wildlife Trust trying to sneak in the side of a marquee where he was signing books…. yes that is a rubbish one….. 😳

joolsburger
    Free Member

One of my ex-girlfriends is Adam Ants cousin.

My wife’s great uncle was John Cobb.

hora
    Free Member

I was the Otter called Edal who bit off Terry Nitkins fingers.

Last weekend Steve Pete cycled past me then when he got to a slight climb he hopped off and pushed his bike up. I was about to heckle him but in theory you can only heckle someone who is racing.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Paid for Kylie’s lunch, brown roll with only lettuce.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Once told Leslie Crowther which bus to get on in London.

Said hello to the bloke with the beard off that old programme with Sarah Kennedy and Jeremy Beadle, when he was walking his dog.

Had Emlyn Hughes push in in front of me at a queue in a petrol station.

Had Christopher Biggins push in in front of me in a pub.

Was slightly off-hand with Jimmy Edwards whilst serving him in a pub.

Did a couple of mountain marathons with Ranulph Fiennes.

Sat a couple of tables away from Posh and Becks in a restaurant.

Interviewed Mark Radcliff for a student magazine (and was made tea by Lard).

Spoke at a public meeting immediately prior to Edward Fox.

Was an extra in a TV drama with Christopher Ecclestone.

Was at a party with Mick Jagger and Kate Moss.

racefaceec90

i forgot to add that another friend is related to madonna,and one time i was at a pub outside (the cross guns at bradford upon avon) having a coke.when i finished i got my mountain bike and was wheeling it past the table next to me.i think it was tym manley (the editor of mbuk)he looked at my bike and smiled at me (it’s definitely close enough to bath that it could’ve been him) i’ll get my coat

instanthit
    Free Member

Great thread. Here’s mine….my dad boxed with Dennis Waterman when he was in the RAF.
    Mate i play poker with dad’s appeared in Star Wars dressed as some weird creature and has his name in the credits.
    I cycled with Jeremy Hunt (sky) when he was about 17 and Colin Lewis who was in the same team as Tom Simpson in the TDF.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Oh yeah, and in a previous life, I’ve designed personal stationery for Ruud Gullit, Graeme Le Saux, Clive Mantle, Loyd Grossman, Mike Catt, Alan Rickman… Anne Robinson…… Bronson Pinchot…….. erm….

instanthit
    Free Member

Just seen rightplacerighttimes post and remembered that i ran past Ranulph Fiennes in a half marathon.

metalheart
    Free Member

I have shared a lift/elevator with Sonic Youth and I once drank Dinsosaur Jr’s redstripe rider.

Also Johnny Dawes (the mental as a monkey climber feller) once called me up at work…

rewski
    Free Member

When I was a student doing part-time cleaning at a London Hotel, I cleaned the room after Angus Deaton shared it with two working ladies, there’s was a distinct wiff of poppers and a lot of white powder left on the bedside table.

rewski
    Free Member

I also once shared a lift to the top of the BT Tower with Chuck D from Public Enemy.

RobHilton
    Free Member

My parents’ cottage in the valleys has a plaque on the door saying in Welsh something to the effect that Rhydderch Jones was born there.

Who? And why can’t I find out anything about him in English?
    Translating that page gives a clue, but is a bit scrambled.

Also the cottage was used for location filming by the BBC in the making of Swallows, about WWII evacuee children. It was dull. They stuck up horrific wall-paper, my brother’s bike appeard in one shot (set a good few decades before the bike existed) and put us up in a nice hotel along with our cat and her four kittens.

Moses

Snogged a girl called Carol at a party many years ago.
    Her mum isn’t dead yet, but lots of people will dance on her grave.

I offered tea to the crew of the Young Ones when they were filming outside my house.

I almost bumped into Germaine Greer in a London tube connecting tunnel.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I also once shared a lift to the top of the BT Tower with Chuck D from Public Enemy.

Daaamn! I wish I was you!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 245 total)

The topic ‘Your most tenuous connection to someone famous. My two for starters.’ is closed to new replies.