Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Your most prized cycling possession
  • Merak

Mine is this, I have owned it for quarter of a century! I still use it now, my commuter uses 15mm wheel nuts. The chain tool is excellent, and just the other day a nice man on LFGSS made me a new pouch for it from seatbelts.

I have an array of multi tools but I love this one.

Id be bereft if I lost it, just an excellent thing.

What’s yours?

avdave2

I still have a Kool Tool. I also have one of those Muddyfox handlebar pouches from 1986 which were actually made by Karrimor.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I had a kool tool. Lost it at Glentress years ago.  My prized possession is my Ti456.  Can’t really afford to replace it but I also don’t see anything I want to replace it with, not without spending a fortune.

qwerty
    Free Member

20 year old Park Tools Y shaped allen key 4/5/6mm.

rydster
    Free Member

12 year old torque wrench. Very nice to know how much torque you are applying.

molgrips
    Free Member

Most prized?  Apart from bikes?  Hmm, hard to say.

Camelbak, not sure which – been with me over thousands of miles, many hours of trips through thick and thin.  Always worn it (nearly).

Garmin Edge Touring – my companion on countless trips, guiding me on adventures in places new and old.  Unreliable sod though, but then, so am I.

Assos shorts and some tights swapped from a colleague.  They’ve always kept me comfy and warm, can’t beat that.  Even if they look weird.

TheGingerOne

It might be my Mint Sauce ‘It’s a tea brake’ mug

But I think it’s my Yeti ArcC frame. It’s just a perfect frame for me and my riding

tjagain

My tandem.  Its taken us on many adventures, rekindled my enthusiasm for cycling, made our ( me and Mrs TJ) relationship stronger.

Spin
    Free Member

made our ( me and Mrs TJ) relationship stronger.

They do say that whatever direction your relationship is heading in riding a tandem will speed it along.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

The E-Bike I bought for Mrs M, she’s called it Eva, unfortunately this means I’m Wall-E and my mates are the cockroach and the fat Captain…….

We’ve has some fantastic rides over the Sarf Downs and Dartmoor.

andrewh
    Free Member

A small plastic disc on a piece of string, about three inches across.

Worthless item to anyone else, means loads to me.

It’s a bronze medal, 2017 24hr World Championships. 20 yrs after I first said I wanted to go to a World Champs, much to everyone else’s amusement.  **** me that was a hard race!

TiRed

The plate in my wrist that reminds me that it could have been a very very different outcome. Will have it until the end. I hope!

And the bikes of course. Probably my custom Paddy Wagon and kiddyback tandem.

epicyclo

Bound copies of The Cyclist starting from 1879 to 1949 with about 10 gaps.

mick_r

We have a really scratty rusty kook tool – don’t think it ever got used in anger (Mrs won it at a race somewhere in the 90s).

Favourite little tool is a tiny spanner stamped “Fiat” which is 8mm one end and 10mm the other. Very useful for older bikes and has been in my backpack forever.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

For me probably my Buffalo windshirt that dates from around 1992

[/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/otFxYR

But It shrunk…

Nidderdale 27.06.15 005

Lionheart
    Free Member

A few things could be it:  My On One SS is one of their first ones so blinking ancient, my cheapest/most basic bike, one of many and the one I’d miss the most. My Specialized gloves, must be 20 years old, many others have come and gone, these have many holes but I’d miss them if not here. It’s probably my Xen helmet, should have replace it, have tried, three friends now have had free shinny new helmets as I’ve handed on attempted replacements..

Had a Kool tool years ago and I’m jealous! Reckon I still have my 90s but more likely 80s Buffalo, must dig it out, used to love that thing. I have a Patagonia version, lighter that I run in regularly but used to cycle in, it did the Chedder Challenge in mid/late 80s. It’s run in over 40 countries, I reckon we’ll over a 100 Citroen, been over 3000’ regularly, over 10,000’ a few times and ran along the river path in the drizzle yesterday – think it will be buried with me..

witterings
    Free Member

After 6 flats in 6 rides my subsequently acquired puncture resistant tyres 🙂

Northwind

Daft but it’s my retired Cotic Hemlock. It’s stuck in the rafters in the garage now but i learned to ride on that thing, did my first uplift, first foreign holiday, my first enduro, my first downhill race, my first world series round, and everything inbetween. It’s ****ed, it’ll never ride again but still.

kayla1
    Free Member

A pair of red canvas Vans. I got them years ago when we first got back into bikes after 15-odd years on motorbikes. I did my first DH race in them and most races since. They’re knackered, properly knackered, but they still grip so I still wear them. I’ll be gutted when they eventually wear through.

mattbee

My ‘92 Klein Fervour, although in particular the Cook Bros cranks it has that I’ve owned since 1995.

senorj

A very old Karrimor windproof top that has been everywhere.

& my ciclomontana buffs.

I still have a kool tool in my bag too.

stevied
    Free Member

For me, it’s all the bits I’ve custom made..

The balance bike, 16″ single-sided rear end bike, the lights, the XTR M970 crank caps. All of it custom made and (most of it) irreplaceable…

jabbi
    Free Member

93 Orange Prestige, was my first ‘proper’ bike! Gets ridden perhaps twice a year (should be more , perfect for pootling, it’s at the back of the pile, )  but will be kept forever!

Also the guardian of an 82′ Stumpy, nice from a nostalgia point of view, but pretty nasty to ride in reality, even compared to the Prestige!

Haze

Bronze medal from LVRC national champs…the champagne has long gone!

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

My 2003 Manx E2E T shirt.

Getting fit enough to do the E2E was what got me properly into mountain bikes.

Gunz
    Free Member

Bikes – either my ’93 Kona Kilauea or ’95 Ti Kona Hei Hei.  Both in frame mode at the moment but the Kilauea’s getting built up as a tourer soon.

Bits – a little folded and wrapped note that my daughter sneaked into my Camelbak when she was young.  I’ve never opened it as it feels like bad luck to do so.  Also, my original Mint Sauce key ring that used to be attached to be my Camelbak but the loop has worn too thin now so it’s in the garage next to the latest one.

weeksy

2 MTB jerseys both from Les Gets. Mine because it reminds me of fun rides there and my boys one as it was his first time there and he loved it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My tool roll. Or failing that my BMC Gates Drive SS.

0T0A1707

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Your most prized cycling possession’ is closed to new replies.