Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 225 total)
  • Your most memorable nightclubs
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Niche, Sheffield , scariest place I’ve ever been in especially when the big black guy walked in the toilets with a tray of drugs!!!!

Kevevs
    Free Member

haha who said Spiders in Hull! every weekend for 3 years when I were a student, can’t remember most of it. There was some biscuit factory or something that stank on the way through the wierd industrial estate, then you were lucky if the bridge was down staggering home.

montylikesbeer

As a Manchester lad I was spoilt for choice

Hacienda

Legends

Rotters

Continental

Placemates 7

Pips

Swinging sporran

De Vills

superfli
    Free Member

Sterns, Worthing. Every week near enough from 91-93. Messed with my head that place!
    Oh and I had quite a few great nights at Lost in Brixham and various warehouses in London

jam-bo

The Crypt.

MSP

Hacienda was were it all started.

But the thunderdome was my favourite, Where the hacienda was full of middle class students with fake accents trying desperately to pretend they were from Manchester. The thunderdome was the real deal, the music was more urban and industrial instead of the high energy dance music (scouse house) being popularised in Liverpool and down south.
    Then after the thunderdome it was up to the warehouse party’s in Blackburn.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Anything from my formative years in Notts in the mid eighties
    Easy street
    Astoria
    Madison
    Bubbles( i think it was called)
    Palais

Then second wind late nineties( ha got divorced)
    All the ibiza clubs but especially the first judgement sundays at ?(next to es paradis)

Progress at Derby
    Tall trees
    Renaisance at Notts
    Passion @ the emporium in Coalville
    The Arches sheff- wayyyy weird night once too many Eeees

Kryton57

The Roxy as it used to be at the end of Eastbourne pier. Hilarious now I think about it….

ocrider

_tom_ – Member

Ewer Street Car Park if that counts.

Went to one at the skatepark there once. That was a fun night.

How could I forget Labyrinth in Dalston. That was the moodiest, darkest, most daunting place for a home-counties lad.

cardo

Kinetic — Flat out hardcore and amazing back room
    Carlos II — with the JFMC as MC such good nights great music.
    The Leadmill
    Gatecrasher Sheffield
    The 051
    Cream — went back recently for the 20th birthday that stung a bit the next week! Oakenfold was brill!
    The Cross when I was visiting mates in London..

All good , how my knees are still working properly to ride a bike I’ll never know!

Rich
    Free Member

Had some amazing times at The Sanctuary, Milton Keynes. Now sadly an Ikea.

Fantasy Island, Skegness has some good raves held there, complete with fairground.

Closer to home an old favourite was The Void, Hanley. Now sadly a car park.

Another tick for Space and Amnesia. Those ice cannons!

tomaso
    Free Member

Aphex_2k ” First Base / Screamers, Wolves”
    Many happy memories of clubbing there. I used to work with crew on set up doing the decor there along with Atomic Jam and loads of other club nights.

brack
    Free Member

Thursdays – Chichester ??

binners

Right back in the day – Wigan Pier and Zone in Blackpool
    Orbit in Morley for utter lunacy
    The Hac at the height of the ‘Madchester’ madness, was bloody brilliant – I worked behind the bar, so had a slightly different take on it than most. Sometimes you couldn’t believe you were being paid to work there though 😉
    Paradise Factory – Justin Robertson and the Chemical Brothers on Thursday Nights – Bonkers!!

Oh… and Soak and Kaos when they had the all nighters in Leeds Corn Exchange. Brilliant!

Aaaaaaaaaah – happy days 😀

surfer
    Free Member

Monday night Coconut Grove in Liverpool. Shut down in 97.

brack
    Free Member

Tor 3 ?

corroded
    Free Member

Thursday was Transmission at the Coven in Oxford.
    Friday was Final Frontier at Club UK, London.
    The weekend was for recovery.

ianv
    Free Member

On a more modern note: Detached in Leeds always had awesome DJs.

Rocking nu school techno at its best.

llama

this month’s middle aged raver thread

Most memorable club, probably due to going back there more than any other than anything else, was Rage@Heaven on a Thursday night.

Or maybe AWOL@Paradise

Can’t decide

Or remember much either (**** 20+ years ago after all)

DezB
    Free Member

Grannies – Portsmouth. Located in the beautiful Tricorn centre.
    Even has it’s own Spotify playlist!
    Played in a band there when I met MrsDezB.

*sigh*

superfli
    Free Member

DezB, I remember “Stairway to Heaven” in Tricorn. The tricorn certainly wasnt the gates to Heaven!

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, but it was for me, every Friday throughout the 80s 😉

arrpee
    Free Member

‘Optimo’ at the Sub Club. Broadened my horizons in countless ways for many a happy year. Music could go from Basic Channel to Nina Simone to The Fall in the space of three minutes.

Also ‘Radar’ at the Art School, which had a nice line in punishing techno hell.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

The Warehouse
    The Phono
    HiFi Club
    The Elbow Room

SubstanceD
    Free Member

Northwest as a Teenager
    Hacienda
    Shelleys Laserdrome (stoke)
    Wigan Pier
    Pleasuredome in Farnworth

London as a Twentysomething
    Turnmills
    The End
    Cargo
    The Cross
    The Fridge
    Jazz Cafe

Now its a quiet pub at the end of the road….

warton
    Free Member

Where to start?

I remember going to AWOL in the paradise club in Islington, as a wide eyed 18 year old from newcastle in 1993, that was crazy!

Shindig in the riverside (ONLY the riverside, not foundation or digital) in Newcastle. went weekly for about 2 years. saw some great DJ’s, met some great people.

Rockshots on a Thursday, Newcastle.

franki
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7V5U3tDRMI[/video]

Que Club Birmingham.
    Legendary. Especially Atomic Jam & Spacehopper! 😀

thx1138
    Free Member

This thread made me realise that although I never considered myself a ‘hardcore raver’ or even a regular club-goer, I did actually go out occasionally during the 1990s and even the 2000s. Some nights were memorable, for a variety of reasons. Some nights were forgettable. some nights I’d like to forget. But overall it was a lot of fun really.

In no particular order:

Astoria
    Marquee
    Turnmills
    Club UK
    SW1
    Fabrik
    Home
    Underworld
    Bagleys
    The End
    Cargo
    333 Old St
    MetalHeadz @ Paradise Club Islington
    Ministry of Sound (most overrated)
    The Cross
    The Fridge
    Cool Tan Arts
    Bluenote Hoxton
    Megatripolis @ Heaven (most mental)
    Some mad place under London Bridge

Various other clubs whose names I forget/don’t want to remember/am too embarrassed to admit to, plus loads of illegal rave type things held in some field/barn/warehouse in the middle of nowhere, and countless little venues, pub backrooms etc. And I thought I was a lightweight really; I had friends who travelled the globe to party.

I quite like a nice quiet friendly pub these days. I think my glowsticks have faded for good.

binners

My local’s got a nice log burner, has a good selection of both beers and snacks, and has the footy on. Thats all my needs catered for nowadays 😀

rootes1

Metro’s in Cardiff before they had working aircon
    The Fridge in Shrewsbury

tomaso
    Free Member

Franki – thats my mate Dave’s video of Atomic Jam. He did the Jellytree TV wall of psychedelic TVs!
    How about a bit of Jeff Mills “The Bells” for that Atomic Jam feeling
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brk8TZECd08[/video]

One of my favourite clubs not mentioned on here as its not a raving club was the Dub Club in Tufnell Park – Jah Shaka, Abashanti etc
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x54AdbWhlNU[/video]

geologist
    Free Member

The Ritz – Doncaster
    Joannes 70’s night – Sunderland

Ahhhhhh happy days 🙂

edlong
    Free Member

Big Lils- Leeds

I guess only Leeds peeps will be aware of just how funny a nomination that is.

Crag
    Free Member

I got turned away from Big Lils once for being too drunk!! I always thought being completely arseholed was a prerequisite!

franki
    Free Member

Nice one Tomaso!

I’m in that video from ’96, along with my bro. and loads of old mates! 😀

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Forget Big Lils, who went to Caspers on Burley Road?

larrystumbles
    Free Member

The Coliseum in Halifax – a terrible club but absurdly easy to get into even at 15. Happy Days!

Wrightyson – we must have been in the same venues at the sametime
    Krystals, Leicester, uni hunting ground 95 to 98 – one of the best nights ever with Alistair Whitehead as guest DJ. Just epic
    Pleasure Rooms, Leeds, back to basics 93 to 95

Milkie
    Free Member

Lakota – Bristol… 6am curled up in a corner waiting for my mates Dad to stop raving to get a lift home.

Castro’s – Bristol… Very friendly, pool table, cafe… Didn’t leave until gone 9am.

jekkyl

a night called LIFE at bowlers in trafford park in Manchester late 90s, we used to go once a month or so for 2 years, saw loads of PAs there, incl N Trance playing set you free, strangely can’t remember any of the others.
    Been to Orbit in Morley a couple times, great set up for a club, that was good.
    In later years, sadly no longer, Tangled in Manchester, Oxford Road… one of the DJs that owned/run the night guy has moved to another club down the road next to Oxford rd railway station, forget the name now but we saw Krafty Kuts and A Skillz there in December.
    Been to a club in Stoke a few times, the night was Golden but forget the name of the club, think it’s been pulled down now. Say Boy George there and Goldie.
    When I started doves were a tenner and they were mint, a wrap was a fiver but speed always made me a bit para 😯

deluded
    Free Member

The Original Kandi Klub, Bristol in the 90’s.

+1 for the Lakota.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 225 total)

The topic ‘Your most memorable nightclubs’ is closed to new replies.