Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Your favourite Tarantino movie?
  • Merak

Jackie Brown. Masterpiece…

That sequence with Bridget Fonda and Robert De Niro in the mall then car park, sublime. He’s done some great stuff but this, some of the set pieces with Samuel L Jackson. Just movie perfection.

bfw

Once upon a time in Holywood and Deathproof, Inglorious Basterds

Merak

Yeah it’s just the one though.🤔😀🤸🙏👍

fasthaggis

Yup,Once upon a Time is class and Inglorious Basterds is almost perfect.
    Pulp Fiction is only spoiled by Tarantino’s cameo, he gives an annoying, bagoshite performance which should have been edited out.
    Think I am going to go for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,mostly because I saw (twice)the 35mm film versions on the big screen. It was a beautiful experience 😃

didnthurt

Has to be Pulp Fiction. It’s one of them films that if I was channel flicking and I came across it, I’d watch it again.

Caher

Pulp Fiction, it’s the only one I own.

timmys

True Romance (unless you’re only counting ones he directed)

Poopscoop

Reservoir Dogs without a shadow of a doubt.

colournoise

Hmmmnnn…

Tough.

His best film? Probably Jackie Brown, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood or The Hateful Eight.

My favourite though? Difficult to choose between Kill Bill Vol 1, Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained.

At the moment I’d go for…

Best. The Hateful Eight (for Jennifer Jason Leigh’s performance if nothing else)

Favourite. Inglorious Basterds (just for it’s knowing ridiculousness)

thols2

Reservoir Dogs.

Pulp Fiction was amusing, but gimmicky.

Jackie Brown was too long.

I tried watching Kill Bill but just wasn’t interested. I stopped watching Tarantino movies after that, he seems more interested in showing off how clever he is than making good movies.

Philby

Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown

nobbingsford

I’m with @timmys – True Romance is a tremendous film.  The scene with Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken is amazing.  Its packed full of an incredible number of great actors, all of whom were perfectly cast.  And I’ve always had a soft spot for Patricia Arquette!

By far the best Tarantino film he never directed!

Mugboo

Another True Romance fan here.

I think all his movies are worth watching, even if they are sometimes too long or too clever. They all have individual performances that make them special, memorable dialogue and the music is always spot on.
    Scorseses early movies are the same for me. Great individual performances but the overall movie is a little disappointing.

That said, I have sometimes been disappointed second time around. I enjoyed KIll Bill the first time but not the second.

True Romance and Pulp Fiction never disappoint though.

sandboy

True Romance for me, great film and cast.

RustyNissanPrairie

Inglorious for me – the opening scene with Waltz is just the best bit of cinematic/acting ever.

anagallis_arvensis

Not a fan of his tbh, but Inglorious Bastards was pretty good

pisco

I love all his films, except for Jackie Brown which I’ve tried several times and never managed to finish.
    Favourite is really hard; I’ve grown to really love Django, and adored Kill Bill Vol.1, and that sublime opening scene in Inglorious! On balance, it’s got to be Pulp Fiction.

binners

Definitely Pulp Fiction. Everything about it is perfect.

It’s just so well put together. The dialogue is absolutely sublime (think how many lines you can instantly quote?) and it’s chock full of truly iconic scenes.

Our mates got married recently and recreated this scene for their first dance 😃

It’s timeless too. My 18 year old daughter says its one of her top 5 films and can quote most of it. It stands up to repeated viewings

leegee

I was thinking the other day what he may be working on.

Really like all his films but the shock of seeing Dusk till dawn without knowing about the plot twist is what really stick out for me.

thols2

They all have individual performances that make them special, memorable dialogue

Thing is, for me, they come across as Seinfeld with some extreme violence and profanity thrown in. Seinfeld was refreshing when it started, amusing observations about trivial things, people just talking nonsense. Reservoir Dogs was like that for me, Pulp Fiction too, but Pulp Fiction was gimmicky. Still amusing, but vastly overrated IMO. Of course, Seinfeld got stale after a few seasons and the same thing happened to Tarantino. Once you see it as Seinfeld with swearing, it’s hard to see him as the genius that he tries so hard to portray himself as.

argee

Pulp Fiction for me, mainly down to how it was a completely different style of film to those previous, the level of acting and the storyline was well structured and played.

It was the first time i’d ever seen a movie where there was an entire segment added just to add a plotline later, the scene being Christopher Walken and the watch, so when we hear that the watch had been left later in the movie instead of everyone thinking ‘why the hell go back’, you were kind of like ‘yeah, you need to get it’ 🤣

lamp
    Free Member

Inglorious Basterds for me.

I’ve always that Quentin would be great as a DJ with his choice of tunes for soundtracks!

argee

Yeah, i do like Inglorious as well, always amuses me that he will change the history, like having Hitler killed in the movie, yet when he does similar in another movie, he gets harangued about it. I think he just likes to change the narrative, and doesn’t worry too much about it like others would.

montgomery
    Free Member

I’d be heading down the Titty Twister myself. Dusk til Dawn, definitely a film to watch without first having read a review or plot synopsis.

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve never watched one of his films. I’d love to, but have a low threshold for blood, and I miss out on a lot of great movies as a result.

the-muffin-man

Not a lot of love for Kill Bill then? I’ve always liked those and always get dragged in if they are on.

And this always makes me smile! 🤣🦷

trailmonkey

Once upon a time I’d have said Pulp Fiction and probably have it in my top 5 all time movies.

Watched it recently and found it just too much of its time. What, in the 90s, seemed cool and original, just seemed a bit naff and cringey.

Probably going to have to go for Jackie Brown or Django

FuzzyWuzzy

I like them all but Pulp Fiction is the one I re-watch most often (only a couple of times a year, I’m not crazy :p ), it’s in my top 3 films of all time

5plusn8
    Free Member

Jackie Brown. Masterpiece…
    That sequence with Bridget Fonda and Robert De Niro in the mall then car park, sublime. He’s done some great stuff but this, some of the set pieces with Samuel L Jackson. Just movie perfection.

I have a mate called Lewis, whenever I seem him I can’t help but do the Bridget Fonda impersonation of her taking the piss out of him looking for the van. “Louis, Leeewooouuuwwiisssss,”     BLAM.

Kuco

Mine would be a hard choice between The Hateful Eight or Django Unchained.

Harry_the_Spider

Django for me.

Have enjoyed them all apart from Jackie Brown.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m going +1 for Dusk til Dawn.

razorrazoo

True Romance for me by miles, though also have a soft spot for Dusk til Dawn.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.