Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Young ladies and twitter again…
  • jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

If you tweet, you might have something to say about this…

matthew_h
    Free Member

Oh dear, cue the cycling lynch mob

officialtob
    Free Member

Oh dear, cue the cycling lynch mob

+1

makeitorange
    Free Member

No really bothered, that’s just free speech, she’s entitled to her opinion – it’s not a stupid criminal confession like the other lass.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Pitch fork in hand, torch burning – where are we heading?

wwaswas

#getoffmyhorsesass = her horse has some sort of donkey cross breed with a cyclist on it?

theflatboy
    Free Member

Who is Sass, and why is he/she riding Aidan’s horse? 😕

RustySpanner

Perhaps she just has an excellent but misunderstood sense of humour, like that lovely Jeremy Clarkson?

I’m sure all his fans will be defending her in a minute………. 😀

scaled
    Free Member

Thats pretty tame for twitter cycle baiting.

She’s not actually threatened to kill anyone

thepurist

<sceptical>
    Presentable young lady posts provocative message in hopes of gaining media exposure
    </sceptical>

Beats applying for Big Brother I s’pose.

swavis

that’ for the tweet, not Aidan’s horse 😉

robbespierre
    Free Member

“Aidan Leigh Smout”!!!! 😆

Is that for real or a made up name?!

You’ve got to feel sorry for her.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

She has a horses ass?? Poor girl. I now feel sorry for her, not angered by her immature ranting.

cookeaa

the #getoffmyhorsesass suggests she’s perhaps part of the jodhpers and dressage crowd, than the angry slapper in a micra brigade…

Either way twitter is for **** if we all ignore it for long enough it’ll go away…

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

No really bothered, that’s just free speech, she’s entitled to her opinion – it’s not a stupid criminal confession like the other lass.

+1

scaled
    Free Member

She has a horses ass??

Demonstrating why punctuation is so important 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

You would though wouldn’t you?

* expects ban.

scaled
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure it’s illegal, chimeras are probably a grey area in the beasiality legislation

Junkyard
    Free Member

so she has a horse whose “ass” we must not go near”- that I assume she takes on the road but wants cyclist to refrain from the same roads as we are a menace

Are posh sounding names linked to stupidity* …looks at royal family…strokes chin

* if it was allowed I would have that name as my ghost log on

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

yup

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Considering what some say on twitter that is pretty tame. They can chose to hate me but it wont bother me one bit!

atlaz
    Free Member

Surely in the hierarchy of road users (if we go with the populist version), if a bike is faster than a horse, the horse and rider should stop, fall into a ditch or whatever until the cyclist is past.

ThePinkster

Isn’t Aidan a blokes name? All the Aidan’s I know are geezers.

Perhaps this means she/he has bigger issues and is using cyclists as a distraction?
    😉

ratherbeintobago

Isn’t Aidan a blokes name? All the Aidan’s I know are geezers.

+1

matthew_h
    Free Member

Isn’t Aiden the boy’s version of Aidan

matthew_h
    Free Member

Actually, nope it seems not

nicko74

Beat me to it

makeitorange
    Free Member

Just a had a peak at her Twitter to see the reaction to this, Apparently she’s dealing with a lot of abuse from cyclists now. Seems unnecessary for one stupid comment. Honestly a bit ashamed of being a cyclist now, as a group we can act like dicks sometimes.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’m going to hazard a guess she rides a horse and had a cyclist far too close to her horse for comfort.

Playing devil’s advocate a bit, but don’t cyclists rant when other road users get too close?

pingu66
    Free Member

I think horses should pay road tax (vehicle excise duty) due to the emissions I have seen them leave on the road.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

One of the things that STW (and other bike forums) has taught me is that we are not all one big happy go lucky cycling fraternity. There are a hell of a lot of dicks that ride bikes and i wouldn’t be at all surprised if someone had cycled really close behind her making the horse uneasy, which is a stupid actions for both parties. Her only mistake seems to be to have judged all cyclist by the actions of one or more dicks.

dan1980
    Free Member

ir_bandito – Member
    …. don’t cyclists rant when other road users get too close?

This.

I see with depressing regularity situations where cyclists (road and mountain) don’t take enough consideration of what’s going on around them.

Hardly anyone is willing to admit to being in the wrong and I think all users of roads or bridleways or any shared space need to learn to share, and show a lot more patience than they do.

Junkyard
    Free Member

There are a hell of a lot of dicks that ride bikes and i wouldn’t be at all surprised if someone had cycled really close behind her making the horse uneasy

Is this not just like car drivers getting annoyed because we are there and again suggesting we do something wrong other than be there such as ride slowly, two abreast, too far out, hold them up etc?

PS it hardly needs stating that some of any large user group are dicks but almost every thread descends into cyclists blaming cyclists… I do despair tbh Not even “cyclists” support cyclists [ we don’t know who did what here but you have assume a cyclist did bad]

given this we have no hope convincing other shared space users we deserve to be there when we cannot even get the support from within

so you think horsetrackworld is berating her for her actions whilst saying some horse owners are dicks?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I don’t see what the issue is – she’s not advocating hitting a cyclist in a car and driving off.

Perhaps if someone asked her what the problem is, then maybe we could foster better understanding?

discoduck
    Free Member

The only thing wrong with car drivers ‘V’ Cyclists in my experience is this,

Said car driver sits in tin box and sees a fellow human being on a none motorised form of transportation, lazy fat burger munching beer swilling pizza eating chain smoker knows full well that He /She should be doing more to stop the onset of diabetes / heart disease but chooses to ignore the human psychie so does what most other animals do, eats more and make howling noises,

If these fools were still allowed to apply make up, shave, use mobile phone whilst driving then Cyclists wouldnt be that much of an issue, unfortunately the Cyclist is still the minority ?

That and the fact that you cant teach a stoopid person to do clever things…….

RustySpanner

The issue, or problem, is that she’s being a small minded idiot and tarring all cyclists with the same brush.
    Just as I would be if I said that I hate all horse riders.

It legitimises small mindedness and encourages everyone to think of cyclists as an homogenous group rather than a group of inividuals who happen to ride bikes.

That was a bit serious.
    Sorry.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I do despair tbh Not even “cyclists” support cyclists [ we don’t know who did what here but you have assume a cyclist did bad]

Exactly, i assumed that a cyclist did ‘bad’. Why would I support someone that was in the wrong? Should my opinion be modified because we share a similar mode of transport or hobby?

Just as I said I thought her error was grouping all cyclists together I think it would also be a mistake to blindly support all cyclists. She might be right, the cyclist(s) might be right we don’t know, and without knowing I wouldn’t wish to vilify her for something that she may well have good reason to be pissed off about.

cookeaa

I don’t have a Twitter account (I’m not a child abuser or Meejatwat) but could those in the know please tell me, is twitter primarily full stupid people whining and blurting their every vapid thought into the ether like I imagine…

Or is it a hotbed of erudite, intellectual discussion and penetrating insights into every facet of modern Human existence (Just like STW)?

slackalice
    Free Member

PS it hardly needs stating that some of any large user group are dicks but almost every thread descends into cyclists blaming cyclists… I do despair tbh Not even “cyclists” support cyclists [ we don’t know who did what here but you have assume a cyclist did bad]

This. Even within our own discipline: 26 v 650 v 29 🙄

Grizla
    Free Member

is twitter primarily full stupid people whining and blurting their every vapid thought into the ether like I imagine…

I assume they tend to blurt to each other. You don’t get to see anyone that you don’t choose to see.

There’s a fair amount of good bike content on there, and some intelligent people too. Ed-O and Jedi for example.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Young ladies and twitter again…’ is closed to new replies.