Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Young Driver Insurance?
  • uphilla
    Free Member

Hi, my daughter (20) is just insuring a car again after a break – she wrote her last one off. So far her quotes have been £5k down to just over £700 comp. Thinking I may not better this, unless you know otherwise? 🙂
    Thanks

munrobiker
    Free Member

Sounds good to me- have you stuck yourself on as a second driver?

I have just insured my wife who is 24 but with only 1 year’s UK driving experience on a 1.8l Mazda MX5 for £650 so £700 for a 20 year old that wrote of a car doesn’t sound too bad (relatively speaking. Of course it sounds obnoxiously high)

chewkw
    Free Member

munrobiker – Member

I have just insured my wife who is 24 but with only 1 year’s UK driving experience on a 1.8l Mazda MX5 for £650 …

How do you manage to get insured for £650?

Which insurance company?

😯

Jamie
    Free Member

If you can get a 20yr old, who has written off a car, insured for £700 fully comp. I think you’re doing quite well.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Chewkw- it was with Privilege with me (25 year old, 6 yrs driving, 1 claim) as a named driver.

chewkw
    Free Member

munrobiker – Member

Chewkw- it was with Privilege with me (25 year old, 6 yrs driving, 1 claim) as a named driver.

Thanks for the info.

I shall try get a quote from them when I renew my car insurance this year.

🙂

bails

I’m with Jamie, £700 is really cheap for a twenty year old with a write off on their record and no/small no claims bonus.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Young Driver Insurance?’ is closed to new replies.