• This topic has 27 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • youch!! i just fell in a nettle bush..
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Working from home today (cough) Out for a mid morning ride and headed down a cheeky trail, damn if it wasn’t covered in Bar high nettles.. Queue front wheel dig in rut, tumble off into nettle bush.

stingy.

No sympathy required Chaps.

stevied
    Free Member

Wee on yourself. Helps with the stinging, apparently 😯

patriotpro
    Free Member

GET IN

neninja
    Free Member

I lead a group of 15 people down a green lane last weekend. In the weeks since I’d last ridden it the nettles had grown bar high.

All I could hear behind me was yelps as everyone got stung. 😳 Fortunately everyone saw the funny side.

Strangely I find nettle stings on my legs make me ride faster for longer.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“Working from home today ~ Out for a mid morning ride”

Bang out of order. You should be lurking on STW all day.

yunki
    Free Member

some people pay good money for that sort of thing

AndyRT
    Free Member

I’ve not had an involuntary nettle bath in ages!

BigJohn

I got a proper all-over stinging a year or two back. We were out at the theatre that evening and I was certain that everybody around me could hear my nettle stings buzzing. It felt that way.

TooTall
    Free Member

soobalias is the world leader in that event. You’ve not really fallen into nettles unless you are picking them put of your teeth! 😀

lex
    Free Member

fell onto an underground wasps nest once.

I’d been stung 6 or 7 times before I realised what was going on.

avoided that trail ever since…

AndyRT
    Free Member

OW!

Can I suggest you don’t buy any Lotto tickets. Not much point.

patriotpro
    Free Member

can i suggest you get footage of it next time and post up for all to see 😉

BlindMelon
    Free Member

lex
    Free Member

What was funnier is that the guy riding behind me stopped to have a good laugh and he got stung a few times as well.

He tries to stay in front of me all the time now.

timwillows
    Free Member

Got a nettle sting inside my nostril by flying into a nettle patch once, that hurt

Sonor
    Free Member

Friend of mine from hong kong went for a number three in the bushes and walked straight through a massive clump of stingers. He didn’t know what they were.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

has an OTB moment into a HUGE nettle bush a couple of years ago – oh how my ridding buddies laughed…

didn’t sleep for days

the trail is suitably called ‘the devils mouth’

stevied
    Free Member

Friend of mine from hong kong went for a number three

What’s a ‘number three’??

kayak23

What’s a ‘number three’?

I hope it’s not the thing that first came to my mind.. 😯

turboferret

Having bad nettle stings and grazes from thorns reminds me of the good old days of Beastway racing on a Wednesday evening. First couple of races of the year would be through freshly partially cut-back foliage, and if you wanted to get any overtaking in, it was a case of taking to the undergrowth! Stings and scratches meant you’d had a good race instead of just sat following the guy in front 😀

Cheers, Rich

convert

Bloody hate nettles me – they would be on my list of targets for development for God (if he existed) when he has another go at creating a universe along with midge and mountains with false summits.

Around here is the depressing time of year as the local tracks start to dry up and become vaguely ridable once more then immediately get swamped with shoulder high nettles.

stevied
    Free Member

I hope it’s not the thing that first came to my mind..

Did the 1st thing that came to your mind involve reprimanding a primate?

turboferret

Anthisan or supermarket own-brand cream for stings and bites works well on nettle stings.

Cheers, Rich

WillH

Just to drag the thread back on topic… when I was about six my family was on a camping holiday in Wales, Aberystwyth I think, and I was riding my Raleigh Burner round the site wearing nothing but a pair of shorts (and they were fairly short shorts, this being the 80’s).

I had a bit of a wobble and landed in a ditch full of nettles. The old couple in the caravan nearby heard the sobbing and rescued me, and covered me in calamine lotion dabbed on with pink loo roll. I have had a hatred of pink loo roll ever since! 😐

trout
    Free Member

Apparently Nettle stings are a good remedy for hayfever
    few years ago my mate who suffered badly with hayfever had a shorts on only impromptu nettle bath and was stung all over but never suffered with hayfever at all that summer

Cheezpleez

Lying in bed on a warm summer night buzzing with nettle stings after a fast, dusty night ride. Ace.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Give me nettles over gorse any day! That was a very painful tumble.

LoCo
    Free Member

Crash at Cwmcarn Sunday, big one at speed and was rather pleased with myself for not getting even a scratch, however this was short lived as I found out I was laying on an ant nest 👿

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘youch!! i just fell in a nettle bush..’ is closed to new replies.