Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You lot like your G Shocks…
  • sc-xc

G Shocks reduced on Groupon

Not sure if it’s any good, but may be of interest to someone…

flyingmonkeycorps

I do not need a new watch. I do not need a new watch. I do not need a new watch…

binners

Neither do I. Neither do I. Neither do I….

flyingmonkeycorps

That’s reassuring. That’s reassuring. That’s reassuring…

lilchris
    Free Member

I got one when the PSA was put up the other week.

Very nice it is to 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve taken to wearing my £9 digital from Amazon instead of my G-Shock! I only bought it for the chrono function, but it’s .. well, it was £9!

flyingmonkeycorps

I had a tiny little Timex that I wore for everyday, but I broke it. I then bought a Lorus from the local jeweller which is big and ugly and I hate it. Not sure why I bought it really.

So now I keep getting tempted by G-Shocks.

woodsa
    Free Member

My Gshock’s awful! It looks good but that’s about it; which is cruel as I’d always hankered after one.
    1. In slightly cool weather (majority of the time) whilst riding or running, it steams up. I get a circle of steam just smaller than the face, obscuring the digital features.
    2. It gains time, roughly 5-7 minutes over a period of month or two.
    Due to its button arrangement, you then have to forward through 12 hours to correct it.

I had a quick google to see if I was the only one experiencing this but it doesn’t seem like it.

tonyg2003

You need a G-shox that adjusts it’s time every day to the atomic clock signals 🙂 great pointless gimic! like my GS-1150

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I bought a Casio F-91W yesterday for my rides..

flyingmonkeycorps

I actually have a tough solar / waveceptor radio control one, but it no longer holds its charge 🙁

woodsa
    Free Member

Strange, when I googled Casio F-91W it seems that Bin Laden was a fan!!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Strange, when I googled Casio F-91W it seems that Bin Laden was a fan!!

When it comes to cheap, reliable and rugged equipment this is normally a compliment just like the Toyota Hilux

edhornby

I have a casio F-91W and it gains time, similar to the Gshock it would appear (same chipset???)

however at £7 a pop I’m not expecting rolex-like accuracy…

peajay

I have a GW-4000 that steams up in the cold as well, pain in the butt, nice watch but the steaming up has made me loose the love.

billyboulders
    Free Member

G shock watches are extremely well sealed. Unfortunately for us they are sealed in an environment that is much more humid than the UK (usually Thailand) so the air trapped inside has a higher dew point and will condensate relatively easily in UK temperatures. Remove the case back and leave the watch overnight in a plastic bag with some of the little silica gel sachets you get packaged in with electrical goods etc., refit the case back and it will be cured.

CountZero

2. It gains time, roughly 5-7 minutes over a period of month or two.
    Due to its button arrangement, you then have to forward through 12 hours to correct it.

Mine does too, PITA having to sit there holding a stupid little button in to (very slowly) wind it forward twelve hours. My mechanical and automatic watches are much more accurate, and a damn sight easier to adjust, too.

peajay

Cheers BillyB, might give that a try

iamroughrider
    Free Member

Love G shocks. Got two. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘You lot like your G Shocks…’ is closed to new replies.