Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You know that moment when you realise that your kid is better than you?
  • matt_outandabout

Just uploading some pics tonight, and saw this from this week. Show me your pics of being shown up.

First reaction 😯
    Second 8)
    Then 😕 – this is confirmation he can out ride me. That and taking on Dumyat this week himself. He is only 13. That means he has a few decades of showing me up. 😕

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Brilliant! – great pic.

Is that GT?

mikey3
    Free Member

Must be great to be 13 and already discovered mountain biking and be pretty good at it already,git 🙂

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Show me your pics of being shown up

[video]https://youtu.be/heTWC-VoUwE[/video]

My boy @ 3yrs old.

I certainly wouldn’t have attempted it at that age….

matt_outandabout

It is Carron Valley

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/7tYbtd]Mark's 1st succsesfull wheelie. Aged about 10.[/url] by jimmyg352, on Flickr

My youngest aged about 10 (He’s now 28)
    & a few years later…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/8ouprj]Wheelie Boy[/url] by jimmyg352, on Flickr

I can’t wheelie at all.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Took my boy to Morzine and Chamonix a couple of weeks ago, he held his own on his hardtail considering a lot of DH bikes being used on blue trails, he wasn’t letting them get away. Proud Dad !

Speshpaul

I’ve still just ahead on the downhills ( the lad has been knocked down by a car, and had a couple of big offs/a&e visits this year so confidence is a little low.) But he dropped me riding up cardingmill valley, and I mean dropped me. A mixture of proud dad and ego stomping going on there:*)

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Mine doesn’t ride much but he’s not far behind me on the climbs. He’s definitely got me beat in the pool though. No chance of me doing 2½ somersaults off 3m diving board.

cloudnine
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

@cloudnine – 8)

duntstick
    Free Member

Just dropped my daughter off for a date in Monaco with a racing car driver, she’s doing a French and Maths degree.

Kicked mine some time ago…..

Trekster

Jnr is 35 now. When he was 5/6 he started bmx racing. We holidayed at a Haven camp I think it was and it had a track. During the week there were daily races. Jnr won through to the last days finals. On the day he won through to the final race. The Blue Coat then gave the ther boy who was in his teens the option of racing or accepting the fact he was going to come 2nd. Youth looked at Jnr and chuckled, given he was twice as tall he had every right to do so. He chose to race, got beaten by half the length of the track!!
    He never embarrassed me, I knew better than to try then. Tables may have turned now tho!! I have given him my old Kona and he is off to give Glenlivet a go next week whilst working up in that area.
    He can now also run farther than I ever could, entering both the London Marathon and the Lakes/Cumbriam 50 next yr!!

FOG

Yep, I think he was about 10 when he flew off down the Beast dressed in jeans and trainers riding his mums old Kona leaving me completely for dead. Now he is a grown up he seems to have got into road riding but he does live in London which doesn’t give him too many opportunities for mtbu

kerley
    Free Member

Not a moment I have had to deal with yet, and with him now at 22 I doubt I will.

peabrain
    Free Member

This is my youngest. He is 4. But to be honest he has been better than me at jumping since he was 3.

matt_outandabout

Go Mini_PeaBrain!

hummerlicious
    Free Member

tom backflip by Jim Barrow, on Flickr

Here’s my offspring, he’s getting too good, but to be fair he’s been way better than me for years 😉

peabrain
    Free Member

Be a few years before mine is doing that, thank god 😀

hummerlicious
    Free Member

It doesn’t feel like five minutes since he was the size of yours!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/zWBHn]16072005(008)[/url] by Jim Barrow, on Flickr

peabrain
    Free Member

Awww 🙂

matt_outandabout

Aiiiiiiiiiiir!

choppersquad
    Free Member

I don’t have kids, but its nice to know I’m not as good on a bike as ANY of yours.
    Thanks for that :-).

hummerlicious
    Free Member

LOL sorry choppersquad

jamj1974

Mine haven’t embarrased me yet in this way – but then again they never will and could not. If they enjoy a hobby as much as I have enjoyed cycling that is enough.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘You know that moment when you realise that your kid is better than you?’ is closed to new replies.