Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Yeti ebike
  • StuE
    Free Member

Looks nice and some interesting things going on with the rear suspension (nice scenery too)

honourablegeorge

The perfect blend of Yeti’s legendary unreliability and shit warranty support with the added unreliability of an eBike motor added.

chiefgrooveguru

But kudos for coming up with another interesting suspension design!

lawman91

I may be wrong, but isn’t it just a re-jigged version of Felt’s Equilink?

No doubt it will be nice to ride, but as ever with Yeti, good luck to anyone who buys one!

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

The chain stay design looks perfectly placed to trap mud and grit between the angled bit of the chain stay and they back it the motor casing.

I hope Yeti keep plenty of warranty replacements in stock for that bit.

desperatebicycle

Judging by the price of their usual carbon frames, what’s that going to be, £30grand?

ayjaydoubleyou

Judging by the price of their usual carbon frames, what’s that going to be, £30grand?

they’ve removed their complex bespoke parts and replaced it with an off the shelf motor unit, and a fairly standard style of bars + bearings suspension

But its Yeti, so who knows, other than the dollar price number will be lower than the GBP number somehow

sharkattack

The chain stay design looks perfectly placed to trap mud and grit between the angled bit of the chain stay and they back it the motor casing.

Dentists and cosmetic surgeons in California don’t ride in mud.

vmgscot

As a current (and historical) Yeti rider, and someone who has half-promised himself an ebike when he reaches the old-fart age of 60 (in 16 months), I was interested to see what Yeti eventually brought out. However, having seen the build quality and parts pec on the Merida e160 my girlfriend bought herself last year, I doubt I will splurging the 10/12K rumoured for the first two models being released. Great to Jared racing again (even if injured and then crashed).

argee

Looks very nice, and with the kit on display should do well, but have to say this day and age i’m all about warranty support for any ebike i buy, are Yeti going to have the supporting network and infrastructure to back up moving into the ebike market, especially at the price point they’ll be entering at?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My mate has had one ordered for a few weeks now, be interesting to get a look at it.

dirkpitt74

I think the warranty support is a bit better now days isn’t it?
    My mate has his SB130 frame replaced under warranty pretty quickly – and they just asked him to hacksaw the old frame and send a photo.
    His old frame is now a nice piece of wall art!

Will be interesting to see what sort of price point this is – especially considering how much the ARC was!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Yeti ebike’ is closed to new replies.