Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Yes, it's very nice but….
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

…… would you pay the best part of £5k for a commuter bike??
    Specialized Sirrus Limited Di2 ’13 >
    £4,799.99
    :¬/

wwaswas

looks more like ‘a road bike with flat bars for those who don’t like drops’ to me ?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

soma_rich
    Free Member

Whats going on with that seatpost!
    Crazy money for any bike!

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Looks like it hasn’t got rack or guard mounts = that’s not a ‘commuter’ bike.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

this Limited Edition Sirrus SL4 makes strong claim for being the ultimate urban flatbar commuting bike

EBC email bumf. I’m astonished.

wwaswas

Whats going on with that seatpost!

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftb/components/road-seat-postscollars/cobl-goblr-carbon-seatpost

The COBL GOBL-R seatpost extends the concept that “Smoother is Faster”. This revolutionary post features 18mm of vertical compliance, Zertz vibration damping, and FACT carbon construction. The COBL GOBL-R delivers unsurpassed comfort, control, and efficiency without adding weight or complication to the frame. No matter what surface your ride takes you on, the COBL GOBL-R will make it better.

Bregante

In answer to the o.p’s question…..

No. No I wouldn’t.

And neither should anyone else.

Love the Cobble Gobbler name though

soma_rich
    Free Member

$200 for that seatpost? wow I would love to try it, bet there’s a maximum weight limit though 🙁

flange
    Free Member

What shifters is it using with the Di2?

binners

I thought it was the law round here that your commuter had to be either:

a) A singlespeed built with an old steel frame and bits you found in the back of the shed
    b) From Halfords, in the sale
    c) A Cotic Roadrat – the only commuter you are credibly allowed to spend more than £150 on

On that basis, this is the anti-commuter.

lemonysam
    Free Member

The COBL GOBL-R seatpost extends the concept that “Smoother is Faster”. This revolutionary post features 18mm of vertical compliance, Zertz vibration damping, and FACT carbon construction. The COBL GOBL-R delivers unsurpassed comfort, control, and efficiency without adding weight or complication to the frame. No matter what surface your ride takes you on, the COBL GOBL-R will make it better.

“Your mum’s a COBL GOBL-R!”

clubber
    Free Member

I worked in a posh shop that had a bike dept. It wasn’t uncommon for a punter to come in and simply ask to buy the best mtb/road bike/whatever. In that situation, I’d have been laughing if I’d had a £5k bike to sell them.

jamiea
    Free Member

c) A Cotic Roadrat – the only commuter you are credibly allowed to spend more than £150 on

Tick! Just had to fork out £20 on a new BB. After six years I’m not complaining…

If you’re spending that much on your commuter, what the flip is your Sunday best?!?

Cheers,
    Jamie

rusty90
    Free Member

Are Specialized trying to become the first manufacturer to construct a bike entirely from acronyms?

FuzzyWuzzy

If I were rich and wanted a flat bar bike it would be on the shortlist (I wouldn’t be working if I was rich so a commuter wouldn’t be a requirement)

flange
    Free Member

If you’re going to do it…

Clearly not selling, thats been there for ages and has halved in price

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Yes, it's very nice but….’ is closed to new replies.