• This topic has 95 replies, 63 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Twin.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • Yes. I'm a coffee snob. Do you think this is unreasonable?
  • MrSmith
    Free Member

[serious] depends on how busy it was and if there was a queue behind you, if you have been going in there a long time then I would have asked the better barista to make my coffee and if they ask why there’s an opportunity to tell them, then the lead has come from them not you. Life is too short for crap coffee or anything else for that matter. [/serious]

RustySpanner

‘Cappuchino’ Mr Smith?
    2 tone brown trousers?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Gears Suck, from what you wrote you come across as a bit of a drama queen. You could have advised her on how to make it they way you like it. She may have remembered you next time and made your next coffee to your liking. Now she will defiantly remember you as you’ll have your own special cup washed in the toilet bowl and your coffee will be almost right as I’m sure a big greeny suspending in the milk foam isn’t part of the perfect cappuccino.
    Enjoy your next coffee there, I’m sure your petty victory was worth it.

MrSmith
    Free Member

‘Cappuchino’ Mr Smith?
    2 tone brown trousers?

Double espresso coming up to shift the hangover. I don’t own any brown trousers or skinny jeans.

khani
    Free Member

I’ve been to places where a Cappuccino was Nescafé with squirty cream on top!
    You didn’t see it, you weren’t there maaaan… 🙁

gears_suck
    Free Member

Wait a f****g minute Craigxxl. Are you suggesting that I instruct the barista on how a cappuccino should be made? I don’t have a special way I like it. I LIKE a cappuccino.
    Either way, I seriously doubt she would remember me and certainly not enough to think. Oh look! Here’s that lovely gentleman who likes to have the drink he asked for made a special way. Let me get right on that.
    If in your imagined version of the tone I used in our conversation, I was rude or condescending. Then you have a negative imagination (also noted in your sick version of possible retaliation for a pretty minor thing)
    Usually, I’m only rude or condescending to trolls who enjoy the opportunity ridicule someone who posts a question which asks a legitimate question and opens a discussion for reasoned opinions.
    I see Mr Smith also likes to make unnecessary comments designed to insult. It shows a lack of intelligence.
    Edit: sorry I meant rusty spanners comment to Mr Smith.

allthepies
    Free Member

Do you have a Waitrose nearby ?

gobuchul
    Free Member

also noted in your sick version of possible retaliation for a pretty minor thing

Unfortunately for you it’s very likely going to be what happens.

I see Mr Smith also likes to make unnecessary comments designed to insult. It shows a lack of intelligence.

He insulted you?
    You really are a drama queen! Such a sensitive soul!

peterfile
    Free Member

this thread makes me realise just how far we have come as a society

gears_suck
    Free Member

Gobuchul Read the posts silly boy.

boxfish
    Free Member

MrSmith
    Free Member

this thread makes me realise just how far we have come as a society

Margaret Thatcher said ‘there is no such thing as society’
    not quite achieved Godwins law on page 2 but some would say that was close enough.

Just need a Tommy Lee Jones meme or some lolcats now.

Edit: beaten by the marsupial!

stox
    Free Member

You haven’t explained why you’ve kept going back to the same coffee shop for years despite being constantly disappointed

Basically this

Lamest thread ever IMO … and that’s saying something for STW 🙂

downgrade
    Free Member

“Tell me your opinion about this situation, oh wait I don’t like what you’re telling me waaaaa”

gears_suck
    Free Member

Why ruin coffee by putting milk in it.? Milk is for a mug of tea not for coffee.

At least that’s funny. 🙂

tacopowell
    Free Member

Don’t worry, you’re not a coffee snob; you drink cappuccino.

+1

RustySpanner

I thought my trouser joke was funny.
    Well, reasonably funny.
    Ok, just reasonable then?

Please yerselves.

craigxxl
    Free Member

You belittle the girl who is trying to make your cappuccino and clearly is not trained, yet you praise the guy who has employed her and put her front of shop to meet your needs without the required skills.
    Enjoy your sprinkles.

bearnecessities

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’d drink that^

lucien

Tbh, I think I would have ordered an expresso and put my own milk in

gogg
    Free Member

Did it look like this??

gogg
    Free Member

Lucien – ESPRESSO, tell me you did that on purpose… tell me

gogg
    Free Member

Do a lot of your conversations go this way??

JULES WINNFIELD
    Mmmm! Goddamn, Jimmie! This is some serious gourmet sh*t! Usually, me and Vince would be happy with some freeze-dried Taster’s Choice right, but he springs this serious GOURMET shit on us! What flavor is this?

JIMMIE
    Knock it off, Julie.

JULES WINNFIELD
    [pause] What?

JIMMIE
    I don’t need you to tell me how f***ing good my coffee is, okay? I’m the one who buys it. I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping she buys S**T. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it I want to taste it. But you know what’s on my mind right now? It AIN’T the coffee in my kitchen, it’s the dead ni***r in my garage.

JULES WINNFIELD
    Oh, Jimmie, don’t even worry about that…

toppers3933
    Free Member

I have the same problem with the baristas at my local Mcdonalds.

AD

The barista at my local Greggs isn’t great either but for £2 you also get a sausage butty… 🙂

gogg
    Free Member

I hope they use brown sauce…. Red Sauce is ridiculous!!

ninfan
    Free Member

I’ve been to places where a Cappuccino was Nescafé with squirty cream on top!
    You didn’t see it, you weren’t there maaaan..

Ah, the old days – 1/4 spoon of maxwell house from a catering tin, served up in a habitat french press, along with pyrex cup and saucer and a bowl of mixed white and brown sugar cubes…

khani
    Free Member

White AND brown sugar cubes!!! 😯
    I only got two sachets of sugar, and ONLY two..
    You got a withering look and a tut if you dared to ask for more..

qwerty
    Free Member

Was she well fit?

iain1775
    Free Member

The OP is exactly the reason I avoid riding Cannock

Cougar

You know, I’m with the OP on this.

I wasn’t there so if he’d been a nobber about it then I’ve little sympathy, but the bottom line is that he’d paid for something he’d not received and was well within his rights to kick it back. The fault is solely with the management who’d put the poor girl behind the counter with insufficient training.

It’s not down to the customer to be teaching the ‘barista’ how to make cappuccino; it’s not a special order, it’s not a case of “well, I like mine with, x, y, and z.” If you ordered chicken soup and got tomato, would you be expected to go “well, I like my chicken soup with less tomato and more chicken in it” so that next time you come in they know that when you order chicken soup you actually want chicken soup?

Crap service is a blight on this country, and our idea of protest is to sit there quietly tutting. Good on you.

antigee

The OP is exactly the reason I avoid riding Cannock

nice and to the point, keep them coming

MrSmith
    Free Member

should have ordered this hearty beverage, how could you be disappointed.

mikey3
    Free Member

Chicken soup and the price of fish.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Crap service is a blight on this country, and our idea of protest is to sit there quietly tutting.

or to keep going back for years accepting it, not saying anything and be surprised when it doesn’t get any better?

gogg
    Free Member

Crap service is a blight on this country, and our idea of protest is to sit there quietly tutting. Good on you.

But then we keep squeezing to the point that the business can’t make a reasonable return on it’s investment, hence the lack of investment in staff training and the crap service. It’s a vicious circle.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/free-tea-and-coffee-what-is-all-the-fuss-about

Cougar

That may be so, but it’s at best a secondary cause. We’ve had crap service in this country for years; when I go into a shop and I’ve to compete with a mobile phone for the attendant’s attention, that’s not a “lack of investment” issue, it’s an ignorant shithouse issue.

jkomo

The girl now knows how to do, which will be good for the cafe.

Of all the coffee shops I’ve been to, it’s rare to see anyone who knows really what they are doing.
    The most consistently good was the Greggs next to my work. There was a girl who worked there for a while who had the knack, all the others were terrible. Now they changed the machine for a fully automatic one and it is consistently shit now.

gogg
    Free Member

We’ve had crap service in this country for years; when I go into a shop and I’ve to compete with a mobile phone for the attendant’s attention, that’s not a “lack of investment” issue, it’s an ignorant shithouse issue.

I’ll give you that 100%.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Yes. I'm a coffee snob. Do you think this is unreasonable?’ is closed to new replies.