• This topic has 95 replies, 63 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Twin.
Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Yes. I'm a coffee snob. Do you think this is unreasonable?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

gears_suck – Member
    Now, was I out of order? Because my thinking is that if you are working as a barista, you should damn well be able to make a decent drink.

Nope. You are not out of order if it costs that much or more than £2.

If you know what you are ordering then you should expect to get the order you want anything else is unacceptable. Unless their definition of your specific order is made known to you in advance. i.e. it will be brewed by our novice so you may have at a discount etc. You get my drift.

That’s one reason I don’t order anything with milk because some of them might brew it differently according to their own preference without me knowing. To keep it simple I always order Americano (£1.80) and even that I get variety of shite ones.

🙂

CountZero

Wait a f****g minute Craigxxl. Are you suggesting that I instruct the barista on how a cappuccino should be made? I don’t have a special way I like it. I LIKE a cappuccino.
    Either way, I seriously doubt she would remember me and certainly not enough to think. Oh look! Here’s that lovely gentleman who likes to have the drink he asked for made a special way. Let me get right on that.

I’ve been going to the same little coffee shop in Chippenham for many years, must be getting on twenty at a guess, long before all these other interlopers started up, and I always have the same thing, a mocha, because I happen to like them. While the staff has changed over the years, it doesn’t take very long for new girls to say “usual?” when I go in, or just start making it without me even saying anything.
    Quality varies slightly, if the chocolate isn’t quite stirred up enough, but in all that time, I’ve only ever needed to ask for one to be remade because it wasn’t hot enough. And I believe the machine was playing up then as well.
    I now have a choice of half a dozen places in town, but I prefer to stay with a place that has given me good service for all that time.
    Elsewhere, I always go to Cafe Nero, and I’ve yet to have a poor coffee there.

lucien

gogg – Member
    Lucien – ESPRESSO, tell me you did that on purpose… tell me

POSTED 8 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Sorry, could’t resist!!!!

crikey
    Free Member

Jesus.

I seriously despair at the way coffee drinking has become something that anyone is interested in. I see people ‘unable to function without my coffee in the morning’ and would like them to go away.

It’s a hot drink with caffeine in, have one and piss off.

Edukator
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9mpDAJOPac[/video]

gears_suck
    Free Member

crikey – Member
    Jesus.

I seriously despair at the way coffee drinking has become something that anyone is interested in. I see people ‘unable to function without my coffee in the morning’ and would like them to go away.

It’s a hot drink with caffeine in, have one and piss off.
    I’ll send a bottle of my fresh piss over with a dash of caffeine. You can knock yourself out.

crikey
    Free Member

With your fresh piss?

Would you like a pregnancy test done on it too?

aP
    Free Member

Most importantly was your hot milky drink before or after noon?

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Yes you have to own up to what the exact time of your order?

saladdodger
    Free Member

tbh if you want something done properly do it yourself, this is not a rant

I have tried my best at home to make the best coffee I can and I am there, now every coffee shop disappoints so I do not bother.

Get a espresso machine and a good grinder, then go to a decent coffee roaster get some good beens and enjoy (wogan coffee in Bristol is highly recommended by me)

Bottom line we work hard for our money so why waste it on shoddy service

justatheory
    Free Member

You should’ve threw it in her face after she **** up the 2nd attempt.

gears_suck
    Free Member

crikey – Member
    With your fresh piss?

Would you like a pregnancy test done on it too?

Are you inferring that if I were a female it would somehow explain something to you. Or you just making a pass at me?

grantway
    Free Member

Coffee snob no. Surprised you didn’t get a cup of Nescafe.

Think you need to spend a bit more for a descent cup of coffee
    thats the trouble when low end cafe’s try to tap into the higher end market
    They just don’t have the quality products and the know how to achieve the finished product.

Jamie
    Free Member

between a Capp

A Capp? Well….

RobHilton
    Free Member

I have tried my best at home to make the best coffee I can and I am there, now every coffee shop disappoints so I do not bother.

This is pretty much my experience, but do get the occasional one that suits me – am working away from home ATM, though – in Chippenham. If CountZero would like to tell me which his favourite shop is I’d like to give it a go.

Twin
    Free Member

“Think you need to spend a bit more for a descent cup of coffee”

Coffee for downhillers.

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Yes. I'm a coffee snob. Do you think this is unreasonable?’ is closed to new replies.