Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Yes! Another ‘what tyre’ thread!
  • easily
    Free Member

My tyres are done. I had Twin Rails, which I liked but did not work well with my rims.

I’m thinking of Terreno Dry 2.1 – has anyone tried these, or does anyone have alternative suggestions?

Thanks

13thfloormonk

The Terreno Dry is just the ‘Terreno’ in that size I think.

I have the TLR tan wall versions, so faster rolling and lighter than the grey TNT but presumably more delicate and apparently can take a while to stop losing pressure overnight if tubeless (mine are still tubes so haven’t tested this).

Very very fast though, great fun on a gravelised 29er, but cornering can be a bit dicey, I’ve drifted wide even just on fast landrover tracks and lost the front wheel on a very innocuous bit of singletrack, I think just because I hadn’t adjusted to the lack of tread. Still saw me through a very long and rocky day in the bone dry Cairngorms last summer, and I’ll use them again for bigger gravel days when I want suspension and disc brakes on my 29er rather than the gravel bike.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Conti Race Kings? Really fast and probably won’t kill you at the first site of a loose corner

easily
    Free Member

Thanks for replies so far.

I should have said that my main use for this bike is messing around in the street, occasional commuting (canal paths, short cuts across fields), and very light off road – nothing too gnar. I think what I’d really like to know is how does the tyre perform on wet tarmac and concrete – is it grippy enough for winter conditions on the road?

Kryton57

I’ve got a pair of used once tubeless Terreno Mix 33c you can have for half price. DM me if interested.

easily
    Free Member

After a look around another tyre I like is the Mezcal. Seems to be not quite so fast, but have more grip.

@13thfloormonk

Another tube user! I thought I was the only one left.
    Al the reviews seem positive, but few say anything about punctures – have you had any problems? Tan wall seems to be the only option at this size – I wish I could get the TNT

@Kryton57

Thanks for the offer, but 33c? That’s too small for my gravel, let alone my MTB

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.