Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Yearly Star Wars from 2015… plus extra Yoda!
  • camo16
    Free Member

Expectation levels?

Personally, I’m quite looking forward to the next one, hoping it’ll be as good as Revenge of the Sith… and not Disney-fied.

Will Han Solo still be a badass? Harrison Ford’s pretty crocked up these days. 🙁

Oh, and there’s going to be a stand-alone Yoda movie too, says BBC. Good I hope that will be.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

somewhere around the basement?

At least them it’s hard to be disappointed, perhaps somewhere round transformers3?

camo16
    Free Member

Maybe. 😐

Hope it kicks butt, though.

* is optimistic *

Junkyard
    Free Member

well judging by the last 3 and knowing he has sold it my expectations are
    no real plot
    Is utterly forgetable
    Will add nothing of any real merit beyond money to someone’s bank account

I doubt i will be disappointed but the last three added little but did get better after the first which was DIRE

The-Beard

hoping it’ll be as good as Revenge of the Sith

That’s where you’re going wrong right there…

I really want to be excited, I really do. But the memories of coming out of the cinema after seeing the Phantom Menace will never leave me.

The-Beard

hoping it’ll be as good as Revenge of the Sith

That’s where you’re going wrong right there…

I really want to be excited, I really do. But the memories of coming out of the cinema after seeing the Phantom Menace will never leave me.

The-Beard

See – I’m that upset I double post.

Junkyard
    Free Member

This should cheer you up

– at least it is not the **** Ewoks

unklehomered
    Free Member

as good as Revenge of the Sith

Did I see a different Revenge of the Sith to everyone else?

Junkyard
    Free Member

no just the others set the bar so low it had to be better

take out the special effects and you have nothing tbh

camo16
    Free Member

Did I see a different Revenge of the Sith to everyone else?

Apologies – I should have clarified. Revenge of the Sith, I reckon, is the best of the new movies. Since anything Disney does is clearly not going to be as good as the originals, I hope the 7th movie is as good as the Sith and isn’t another Attack of the *** Clones.

The-Beard

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdS2kCUGvfo[/video]

😀

unklehomered
    Free Member

See I actually rate them as follows, Menace > Sith > Clones. Menace at least hung together narratively, and had the least appalling script. I had not at this point seen any of the others so was not bound by any sentimental attachment to a higher standard, just the quality of the film. It also had the least horrendous script. Who decided Lucas should be allowed to write dialogue? Story, fine, he is good at that, no faulting it, but dialogue, no – never again.
    Later I saw the others and I realised why everyone was so upset.

vinnyeh

Abrams is a pretty safe pair of hands, though I’d rather the franchise had been sold to Lego than Disney.
    I reckon there’s a fair chance the first, at least, could be as good as the best of them.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly3J3UL4JSA[/video]

camo16
    Free Member

See I actually rate them as follows, Menace > Sith > Clones.

Phantom Menace first?

My son likes that one, because it has a kid in it, plus lots of racing around deserts. Plus, he actually quite likes Jar Jar Binks. 😯 I know, I know. Clearly, George Lucas was thinking of the younguns with that one.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“Clearly, George Lucas was thinking of the younguns with that one.”

With all you mean… and thats why Disney stands half a chance… make a star wars for adults who look at the orginal with rose tinted specs on.

Really all 6 are rubbish as an adult (maybe Empire not quite so)

vinnyeh

“Clearly, George Lucas was thinking of the younguns with that one.”

Or, more likely, the merchandising opportunities.

camo16
    Free Member

Or, more likely, the merchandising opportunities.

More than the originals though? The first three were merchandise-tastic.

My life as a seven-year-old was blighted by my mate having the Millennium Falcon open-top toy, and all the figures to go with it! Thinking about it, I wouldn’t mind one now that I’m properly adult. 😉

Klunk
    Free Member
    camo16
    Free Member

Dunno about the rest of them, but Billy Dee Calrissian is lookin’ good!

roady_tony
    Free Member

billy dee in all the films FTW.

stewartc
    Free Member

Actually liked Attack of the Clones (well apart from the roman theatre bit near the end) so I base my level of expectation very low, even I shouldn’t be disappointed.

I say we need a Bobba Fett movie in between the planned 3 sequels, that would be far better than a standalone Yoda film (plus Yoda is not Yoda when done in CG).

roady_tony
    Free Member

some kind of plot twist that means the later Lucas written 3 films actually exist in some timeline that is not really star wars, and then they get remade into something decent….

anjs
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7T0vs9gYydo[/video]

camo16
    Free Member

I say we need a Bobba Fett movie in between the planned 3 sequels,

Do it right and I’m on board! Used to love Boba Fett in the original series, but Lucas -damn him! – converted him into a sulky, whinging devil-child in the latest films. 👿

anjs
    Free Member

I think you will find he is being slowly digested over the next 1000 years

camo16
    Free Member

I think you will find he is being slowly digested over the next 1000 years

Nah, given that Boba is such a BAMF he’d have blasted his way out by now. 😉

mattk
    Free Member

Nah, given that Boba is such a BAMF he’d have blasted his way out by now.

This.

There are loads of novels that were written before Phantom Menace came out, that Fans pretty much took as an extension of the universe Lucas created. In one of them Boba Fett escapes and is rescued by another bounty hunter. He recovers and is still badass only with a gammy leg.

His background (in the novels) was much better, he was basically a dissaffected youngster turned bad. And im sure they hint at him being frustrated virgin too!

Obviously Lucas ignored all that fan stuff and rewrote Boba Fett into a doctor from Shortland Street. I preffered him before.

camo16
    Free Member

Unconfirmed reports suggest Boba is currently working for unnamed private sector employers:

Northwind

I do like watching fanbois twitch… Obviously they don’t want Lucas making more star wars, he’s terrible. But nobody likes their franchise being sold to new management. But they still want more star wars, after all they’ve already got all the lego and about 500 paid-by-the-word novels. So which way do they twitch?

I quite liked the last 3 tbh. Much to dislike about them but they had their moments. It helped to see Phantom Menace with a small child, but one darth maul-renton-the dude lightsaber fight and all was forgiven.

emsz
    Free Member

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fqiasBVGtX8[/video]

Cougar
    Klunk
    Free Member

use the force luke

kimbers

after abrams sucked the soul out of star trek im worried

but disney have helped make the marvel franchise fun so maybe he wont totally ruin this

ill post this again

hora
    Free Member

If 007 can get along in the same wooden acting, no plot and shooting way for multiple outings then Star Wars will also be fine..

Comercially that is.

anagallis_arvensis

Dr from Shortland Street

You talking about me bro?

Klunk
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_joDNOpeWWo[/video]

no chance with the last one this is Disney we are talking about !

pezza
    Free Member

^^^^^ This video is genius (and correct)

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Yearly Star Wars from 2015… plus extra Yoda!’ is closed to new replies.