Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Yari Rebound Adjuster Not Working
  • jjprestidge
    Free Member

Just did a lower leg service on my Yaris and put in the Debonair spring upgrade and now the rebound adjuster just keeps turning with no clicks and doesn’t stop however far you turn it.

Anyone know what’s gone wrong?

Cheers,

JP

jjprestidge
    Free Member

To add: if I remove the adjuster knob and use a hex key to turn the rebound adjuster it still doesn’t click and still turns without stopping.

Cheers,

JP

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Anyone?

Cheers,

JP

bruneep

lost the wee ball bearing in the red cap? That makes the clicks

carter711
    Free Member

Using a 2.5mm allen key up inside the foot bolt won’t give any clicks, but it should stop after a few turns, in both directions. All the way clockwise will be full slow, all the way the other way will be full fast.

Are you saying that you can keep on turning the 2.5mm allen key until the cows come home and it doesn’t stop? Have you inserted it all the way in?

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Yes – I can keep turning the Allen key and it doesn’t stop, either way.It does seem to be all the way in. I don’t know if I’ve rounded off the bolt inside or broken something.

Cheers,

JP

jjprestidge
    Free Member

lost the wee ball bearing in the red cap? That makes the clicks

The Lyrik knob looks like that (we did 2 forks in one go) but the Yari one is different – it doesn’t have the grub screw. It also won’t push on the whole way now.

Cheers,

JP

darrenspink
    Free Member

You sure the bolt is attached to the shaft?

jjprestidge
    Free Member

You sure the bolt is attached to the shaft?

The bolt that the adjuster knob slides over? Pretty sure it is – it’s tightened up fine. We did a Lyrik just before we did this one, so we’d got used to how to do it.

The problem I think is that I thought the knob would come off in the same way as the Lyrik’s (by loosening the grub screw). When I couldn’t find a grub screw I assumed that I just had to keep loosening after I’d reached the fastest damping point. I’m worried that I’ve broken something by doing that.

JP

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Yeah that might break it. The Yari knob is just push fit I think, no grub- so you just pull it off (or prise it off with a flat blade carefully)

jjprestidge
    Free Member

I don’t know if I’ve broken something or just rounded off the bolt. I’m not really sure what’s going on inside the damper when you turn the adjuster – I’m guessing it’s opening a port?

The rebound damping seems fairly fast now, but I ran it fully open before I did this anyway, so not sure whether it’s going to be a problem.

Rode it down a steepish flight of steps earlier and it felt OK. Off to Wind Hill first thing tomorrow, so hoping it’s not going to do something weird on the big jumps!

JP

jjprestidge
    Free Member

So, two rides in and it feels ok. Rode all the blacks a few times at Wind Hill on Sunday, and a load of natural, rocky stuff on the Mendips this afternoon. Rebound feels fine, but is still not adjustable.

Any more ideas?

Cheers,

JP

timbog160

Sounds annoyingly similar but the inverse of my compression damping problem thread!

Sounds like it’s rounded off internally most likely.

Why don’t you try a bit of superglue on the adjuster rod – leave to dry for a few minutes then see if it restores your adjustment. It’s quite a small surface area so ought to be easy enough to pry off again in future..

Bagstard
    Free Member

I have a hardly used Yari damper going spare if required.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

I have a hardly used Yari damper going spare if required

Is it a rebound dampe, though? I only ask as it’s not unusual to have a spare compression damper, as many people upgrade this, but it’s unusual to have a spare rebound damper.

If it is a rebound damper, how much do you want for it?

Cheers,

JP

Bagstard
    Free Member

I upgraded to a charger damper, so I guess it’s both, I will have a look when I get home, it won’t be much money either way.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Cheers! Spoke to TF today and they think it’s just seized fully open. I’m going to put a Fast damper in anyway so I’ll probably see if I can sort it when I do that. I generally run only 1 click of rebound anyway, so it’s not a big problem.

iainc

1 click of rebound ? Do you ride on a pogo stick ? 🙂

jjprestidge
    Free Member

1 click of rebound ? Do you ride on a pogo stick ? 🙂

I’m pretty light and the rebound feels perfect on one click – no pogoing at all. Even my riding mate who is 105kgs only runs 4 clicks from full fast on his Lyriks. What do you run?

JP

iainc

Can’t remember number of clicks, but just on the fast side of halfway on my Yari 130 on a Bird Zero TR. weight about 78kg.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

I reckon the travel must make a difference, then – mine are 180mm on a Nukeproof Mega. They’d feel awful at halfway on my bike.

They feel fine on the bigger stuff at Wind Hill, where you’d get bounced off the trail on some of the landings if they weren’t set up well, so I don’t think they’re running too fast.

JP

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Yari Rebound Adjuster Not Working’ is closed to new replies.