Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Yamaha MusicCast users
  • toby1

Any users on here, have one MC devise at the moment in addition to a Yamaha surround amp.

Found problems so far with the distinction between audio and lip sync setting in the MC app causing a horrible lag between screen and audio on TV, seem to need to flip that each time you have used the amp for MusicCast.

Then yesterday no sound from the amp at all until I set the source in MC app in-spite of the amp being set to the correct input.

I’ve been testing this as a replacement for Chromecast audios which seemed to have developed a crackle at low volume levels. So far it’s not winning me over. Has anyone else worked through the pain and found it worthwhile?

Also, I’ve tried Sonos, we didn’t get along, I won’t be going there before any steps in to tell me how good it is 🙂

TheFlyingOx

I had the lipsync issue for ages and couldn’t rectify it properly. That was with BT and their TV box audio connected by optical. We’ve since switched to Sky with sound via HDMI and it’s been fine ever since. Maybe try fiddling with the lipsync settings on your TV/TV box, could be fighting against the MusicCast lipsync and causing it to mess up.

Can’t help with the input silence issue though.

toby1

The lip sync was a setting in the app. Tonight seemed to need to change the source via music cast, then power the amp on and off again before it passed the sound through, seems pretty odd at the moment.

Vortexracing

I have a full system (3 speakers and a bar) and run it via optical from the TV (sky input), you just have to try the settings in the MC app, IIRC it just needs a little fettling .

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We’ve since switched to Sky with sound via HDMI and it’s been fine ever since.

Even for Ch4+1? My sky (on an AV amp) has terrible lip sync on c4+1 while all others are synced,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Yamaha MusicCast users’ is closed to new replies.