Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • yahoo for android app & push email question
  • meeeee
    Free Member

I’m looking at upgrading my phone to a Desire. Instead of getting a new plan i can just add 500MB of browsing to my current plan for £5. If i want to use yahoo for android app, does this work through internet browsing, or do i need to add push email as well (which would be another £5 a month)

Not exactly sure what push email is to be honest! If i dont have it will my phone still tell me theres new emails just with the yahoo app?

thanks

bigbob38
    Free Member

I use mine within the normal data – never heard of this push thing!

Stainypants

To get the best from android you’ll need a google account and with that you’ll get gmail. I simply set up all my mail to forward from Yahoo to gmail. Alternatively you can set up default email app to pick up your yahoo mail.

On my desire gmail picks up my mail and the default picks up my wifes yahoo mail. You can install the yahoo app but its slow compared to the default, and this post has reminded me to remove it from my phone.

Nick

stumpy01

Stainypants – how do you set up yahoo on the default mail app? I’ve had to use the app because everytime I enter my log-in & password they fail.

mogrim

There’s a Yahoo app that works fine, free download from the market. Supports multiple accounts, too.

To get the best from android you’ll need a google account and with that you’ll get gmail

Can you actually use an android phone without a gmail account???

Del

Stainypants – how do you set up yahoo on the default mail app? I’ve had to use the app because everytime I enter my log-in & password they fail.

if you set your location to ‘asia’ in yahoo ( under ‘your account’ and ‘set language, site and time zone’, then it’ll let you ‘pop’ your email for free. under ‘options, more options’, ‘pop and forwarding’. this is a paid for feature in the rest of the world, for some reason. everything else works fine, except the news page after you log out will now be biased towards asia.
    think that’s how i did it on mine, anyway. 😀
    runs through the built in email app without any trouble.

Stainypants

i deleted my wife account and added again and it didn’t work as it doesn’t put the correct mail sever addresses in by default. I did a search and this worked for me. It orginally said .net for the outgoing server but that didn’t work i changed to .com at it was fine.

go into the add account bit in settings and add a pop3 account, in the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail user name, followed by @yahoo.com.
    Under Server Information, do the following:
    In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type pop.mail.yahoo.com
    In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Under Logon Information, do the following:
    In the User Name box, type your user name. Do not include @yahoo.com.
    In the Password box, type your password.
    Select the Remember password check box.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘yahoo for android app & push email question’ is closed to new replies.