Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • XX1 Alternative chainsets
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’m getting rather impatient waiting for an XX1 chainset to run on my 1×10 setup(I seem to be getting constantly fobbed off with mañana type emails from a german bike shop), so I’m looking into alternatives. The appeal of the XX1 chainset was the thick/thin ring pattern, can go to a 30t ring easily enough and was fairly light for the price. Any suggestions as to a chainset and ring? I thought I’d need to go 30t but I reckon a 32t will be fine, something of similar quality/weight and stiffness would be ideal and if a little blingy all the better. The XX1 was 189 euros so a similar price would help too.

crankrider
    Free Member

Works Components for the ring.

– They dont seem to have the SRAM fitment one yet though which would fill your light / stiff quota – other than that MRP bling ring / XO cranks?

mudsoul
    Free Member

SRAM XO chainset with an XX1 spider/ring.

crankrider
    Free Member

SRAM XO chainset with an XX1 spider/ring.

I imagine that would cost more than a genuine XX1 setup…

Pridds
    mudsoul
    Free Member

I imagine that would cost more than a genuine XX1 setup…

Yes, if buying new. I got a good deal on a used XO chainset with worn rings on ebay, and added a 32T XX1 ring. All cost about £40 less than the bike-discount.de price.

shortcut

There are a couple of companies offering similar rings now. For the cranks anything you like – the Shimano 2x in XT, SL and XTR look good with a single ring. If you go XtR make sure to get the trail crankset with a 104 BCD.

crankrider
    Free Member

Yes, if buying new. I got a good deal on a used XO chainset with worn rings on ebay, and added a 32T XX1 ring. All cost about £40 less than the bike-discount.de price.

That’s £40.00 less than a brand new chainset though, with the potential wear / damage carbon cranks can see, plus he will need to scour ebay rather than just buy new (with warranty)

Or buy a brand new XO chainset and a thick / thin ring for £35 – £60.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

My mate recently bought an XX1 chainset from this seller on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-SRAM-Truvativ-XX1-MTB-GXP-Carbon-Crankset-Q156mm-32T-175mm-/350793577959?pt=US_Cranksets&hash=item51aced35e7

Turned up quickly and was exactly as described. seemed a good deal to me.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Cheers all, XT with a wolf or WC ring is the current favourite alternative. I’m going to hold out till next week for the XX1, see what happens.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Blazzin that is a good price, and I’d have popped for it if it was the 168mm Q factor version.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Think he has several versions available.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘XX1 Alternative chainsets’ is closed to new replies.